Bent Engine Mounting Bolt

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuster

Reaction score
Damn!

AN overzealous friend of mine came to help crack the flywheel nut and I came back to find the flywheel off, but the bottom left (as you look at the flywheel) bolt is now bent. I can't see any damage to the case- but anyone got any advice here? He used the bolt to lock the flywheel- instead of the new flywheel lock that was sitting on the bench!!

Should I just try and bend it back and hope I don't damage the case? I could really do without this!

Stuster said:
Damn!

AN overzealous friend of mine came to help crack the flywheel nut and I came back to find the flywheel off, but the bottom left (as you look at the flywheel) bolt is now bent. I can't see any damage to the case- but anyone got any advice here? He used the bolt to lock the flywheel- instead of the new flywheel lock that was sitting on the bench!!

Should I just try and bend it back and hope I don't damage the case? I could really do without this!

I think I would be more tempted to cut it off with a grinder if you can do it without damaging the case. I think trying to bend it back is more likely to cause damage than a carefully wielded grinder.

Yeah cut it off close to the case then drill and tap it then put a new bolt in
You Gould take it to a machine shop it shouldn't take to long to do..
Your friend was lucky to get the flywheel off they can be right basterds :roll:

Latest posts