Berkeley VW....... HELP!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foz

Reaction score
Received this email about an hour ago From the organiser of Berkeley VW show rafael.....

Not sure how legit it is, or if his email account has been hacked??
Anyone else receive the same??

Subject: Help.......Berkeley VW Show

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, my family and I came down here to  Kiev, Ukraine  for a short vacation,unfortunately we were mugged at the park of the hotel where we stayed all cash,credit card and mobile phone were stolen off us but luckily we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the Embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all the bad news is our flight will be leaving in less than 8-hrs from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills.

I'll need your help (LOAN) financially of £2,000 . I promise to make the refund once we get back home. Please let me know if i can count on you and i need you to keep checking your email because it's the only way i can reach you.

Berkeley

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

It's a scam dude.
If you're any way in doubt then reply asking for more info.

If my friends asked me for a sum of money like that out of the blue I'd be asking for a phone call at the very least

Tis a scam, we received more or less (location was different (Syria)) the same from someone at a company I deal with. First responce was Syria??? Are you f**king kidding?? haha.

This happened to a guy I know. He had a similar message from someone who said they were his neighbour and needed cash sent, which he did and of course it wasn't his neighbour at all. The thing that prompted this guy to send money was his neighbour was actually away on holiday at the time.

Definate scam had the same one a few months ago from David Eccles no less of Camper & Commercial mag !
He wasnt the perpetrator btw !! :lol:

Latest posts