Best Bamboo parcel shelf?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsyboy75

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyone recommend a good parcel shelf? KK and CC do them I know but I was wondering which is best in terms of fit, build quality etc.

Cheers

JB

Ive been looking at these too and think the Bambus one looks the best bet, but i shall await confirmation of this ;)

simo

I fitted the Bambus ones, they look very smart and have a lovely little plaque on the front!

I get them from Karmann Konnection, well worth the extra pennies 8)

I got one of the cheaper wicker type one's as one day I hope to get a og Bambus not the fake ones you get now don't let that little plaque fool you as you can buy fake ones on fleabay. :shock:
Anyway this one cost about £50 a couple of years ago & comes in right handy its the only time I've gone cheap as I can't justifie £150 for something that's really not the real thing.

DSCN1708-1.jpg

Fitting it was OK involves a bit of drilling, it comes in handy when were camping Mrs likes to put the towels on it. :lol:

Merlydog said:
I'm making my own.. £150 notes for a shelf seems crazy money?! :msn4:

If you ever made wicker baskets its got to be easy, :lol: I rather like the metal frame ones with a guaze type insert you some times see on U.S imports. 8)

terrier man said:
Merlydog said:

If you ever made wicker baskets its got to be easy, :lol: I rather like the metal frame ones with a guaze type insert you some times see on U.S imports. 8)

I'm making the frame out of wood, wrapping it in twine with a raffia ribbon base secured with upholstey tacks. Not as refined as the bambus ones for sure, but it's cost me about £20 quid! :lol:

terrier man said:
I got one of the cheaper wicker type one's as one day I hope to get a og Bambus not the fake ones you get now don't let that little plaque fool you as you can buy fake ones on fleabay. :shock:
Anyway this one cost about £50 a couple of years ago & comes in right handy its the only time I've gone cheap as I can't justifie £150 for something that's really not the real thing.

DSCN1708-1.jpg

Fitting it was OK involves a bit of drilling, it comes in handy when were camping Mrs likes to put the towels on it. :lol:

yeap i`ve got one of these and they are dead handy , well made and real easy to fit.......the mrs stumped out 70 sheets which is more than enough for a poxy shelf not bothered if it comes with a badge as i`m no label whore for sure :lol:

terrier man said:

DSCN1708-1.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me Brett? Is that VP shifter turned black? Have you hidden all that nice shiny chrome? :shock:

LV

Merlydog said:
terrier man said:
Merlydog said:

I'm making the frame out of wood, wrapping it in twine with a raffia ribbon base secured with upholstey tacks. Not as refined as the bambus ones for sure, but it's cost me about £20 quid! :lol:

id like to see some pics of that :)

Do my eyes deceive me Brett? Is that VP shifter turned black? Have you hidden all that nice shiny chrome? :shock:

LV[/quote]

NO.. no.. no... LV it's only the reflection from the flash more black eye than red eye reduction is needed me thinks. :lol: ;)
Good to know your still about LV :msn4: :D

lobie said:
id like to see some pics of that :)

Should be on my thread shortly Lobie, cut both sides out today and just started on the wrapping. ;) Thanks again for the template..

Great info, thanks for all that.

The KK ones do look nice but if the only difference is the little Bambus plaque it's a bit extravagant, n'est-ce pas?

Technically bays should have black plastic shelves but I don't think these look as nice...

Looks good, I wouldn't mind a copy. Is iit a solid piece of wood routered out with some non-slip matting in-between?

Very nice :D funny how you ladies do things different to us boy's, I would of painted or stained the frame black then put some perforated sheet metal in the centre, I quess I'm not in touch with my feminine side. :lol:

Latest posts