Best glue for fixing cabinet laminate?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Impact adhesive is good, coat both sides till tacky then bond. Though I founds its difficult when ur trying to glue lifted edges as u need to keep both bits apart till near dry, hope u have more luck than I did :lol:

Just

I would use E32 which is a two part epoxy type resin which is greyish in colour, I have repaired laminates with this its more than permanant if thats possible, been using it at work for over 15 years on drain inspection products you can't get more extremes than that, its never failed as a adhesive. :D

sparkywig said:
Cascamite would've been used originally.
:eek: hi
i used evo stick contact adhesive , wicks / BnQ sell it or any kitchen fiiters place ,
i applied my 4 mm oak vineer back on to 6 mm ply for the devon interior ,

same applies as the other guys said thinly coat both sides allow it to go touch dry
line it up and press it on ,
that should do it

hope this helps regards carl

sparkywig said:
Things have moved on a bit in forty odd years Si, some of the products I manufacture are for the petrol chemical industry
so have to be explosion proof, :shock: some of the glues & resin, sealants cost a bloody fortune, you can't buy these in B&Q :lol: although E 32 is made by Locktite you would need a 2 piston gun & mixing nozzles for applying. I know of people who have bonded car panels & plastic bumpers & have withstanded impact better than any weld :shock: similar products are used for bonding carbon fibre sections to aircraft frames ie; A380. So if you ever need any. ;)

terrier man said:
sparkywig said:
Things have moved on a bit in forty odd years Si, some of the products I manufacture are for the petrol chemical industry
so have to be explosion proof, :shock: some of the glues & resin, sealants cost a bloody fortune, you can't buy these in B&Q :lol: although E 32 is made by Locktite you would need a 2 piston gun & mixing nozzles for applying. I know of people who have bonded car panels & plastic bumpers & have withstanded impact better than any weld :shock: similar products are used for bonding carbon fibre sections to aircraft frames ie; A380. So if you ever need any. ;)

So Brett as your the bonding expert (thats bonding ;) ) the panel I made to hold the gas outlet needs bonding to the bulkhead was gonna use gripfill......any advise?

Just

creationblue said:
terrier man said:
sparkywig said:

So Brett as your the bonding expert (thats bonding ;) ) the panel I made to hold the gas outlet needs bonding to the bulkhead was gonna use gripfill......any advise?

Just
I wouldn't say I'm a expert Bud just have experience of some quite nasty products resins glass bonders glues & sealants etc, if its in direct contact with the bulkhead I'll get you some E32 but i suspect it isn't as you mention gripfill if it is possible with the resin it has a curing time of a bout 16 hours or over night so would have to be clamped in some way.
Can't you bolt it? as i wouldn't want to get any resin on my bulkhead as it goes off like rock. :shock:

I was trying to avoid a screw just because the crud from the road will be constantly thrown at it. But wasn't sure if the gripfill I have will hold it in place? Plan on doing it tomorrw as I got the flooring ect today so wanna crack on.

Just

If we would of had this conversation last night I could of got some up to you tomorrow as I quite often use it on the weekends myself problem is work is closed until Monday I would of lent you the gun & nozzles etc; it sounds like its the stuff for you if road dirt is involved, it can be sanded & painted i've filled in cracks in masonary with it still in there 10 years on. :lol:
Do it next weekend. :D

terrier man said:
If we would of had this conversation last night I could of got some up to you tomorrow as I quite often use it on the weekends myself problem is work is closed until Monday I would of lent you the gun & nozzles etc; it sounds like its the stuff for you if road dirt is involved, it can be sanded & painted i've filled in cracks in masonary with it still in there 10 years on. :lol:
Do it next weekend. :D

Ok cool I probably can get away without fixing it till the floor is laid....

Just

creationblue said:
terrier man said:
OK Just won't forget the wheels are in motion. :roll:

Just

:lol: No problem Just, glad to be of service!

Some useful posts thanks fellas :D I will be posting some photo's of the results of the gluing process as I have 2 interiors to do.

Latest posts