Best oil for 1835 motor.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Wig says, any oil is better than no oil, and I would think that all modern day oils are far superior to the stuff originally used back in the day. Not too sure about Snake Oil, I`ve heard it`s way too expensive for these old busses :?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Where`s the fella with that can,,,, you know the one :mrgreen:

15/50 for me,

Used to use Valvoline,

have now moved onto Brian Gibbs as it has more good stuff that old engines like:

It has a high Zinc formula which is better fro pushrod engines.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Product.do?method=view&n=2076&g=481630&p=449154&d=124&c=4&l=2&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=Engine%20Oil&gclid=CjwKEAjwwbyxBRCS74T049iEp0wSJACkO5v1x6ZSVLECpXg9cm5EOnedty0sHqRVa6KGjXAZRLrZkhoCP_jw_wcB" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I buy mine in bulk at racetracks so don't tend to pay as much as this for it.

Could i run this in a 1600SP Alex or would I need a different grade.
I had quick read of the info and it doesn't suggest I can't.

*Sam* said:
Could i run this in a 1600SP Alex or would I need a different grade.
I had quick read of the info and it doesn't suggest I can't.

You could but there is absolutely no need in a stock 1600, its not got an aggressive cam profile, hasn't got heavy valve train putting pressure on the cam, isn't spinning at high RPM, you just don't have the heavy wear that the higher cc custom built motors have.

Latest posts