Best selection of early bay related books

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James26

Reaction score
As the title says, looking to find out what the best books are, obviously a haynes manual is up there, but anything else specifically for nut and bolt restoration, engine rebuilding, a general guide.

Cheers :mrgreen:

The only books I've got are the Haynes, which is handy. The Bentley manual, has been a godsend on some of the bits I've done. The wiring diagrams are great - though I've downloaded one off the internet with the intentioning of printing/laminating A3 size for the garage wall. Also 'How to keep your volkswagen alive' by John Muir, I used that a tonne when I did a beetle a few years ago and his way of putting things on paper helped me get the grasp of alot of the basics - I also enjoyed his cartoon-esque diagrams, they made things very clear.

Bentley on-line

http://mysicka.ics.muni.cz/cgi-bin/fotky.cgi?T3/VWBus1968-79ServiceManual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As they have all said above ^^^ 8) BUT!!!!!!!! The very very very best reading on Early Bays, all about their peculiarities, all to do with the little quirky things that may be a little challenge, and all about the unique mix of things that make up an Early Bay ;) Is right here on this very forum :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Possibly the best forum in the world :mrgreen: :lol: :p :lol: :mrgreen:

Totally agree with what's been said.

Haynes to keep in the cab just in case...

Bentley for full and accurate reference.

Muir for his way of explaining things to idiots like me.

:D

Cheers folks, thanks for the online bentley manual as well, gave it a look over and decided to get myself one of those and have also ordered this....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Volkswagen-Transporter-Restoration-Manual-Manuals/dp/0857332457" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

anyone used it before ?

ozziedog said:
BUT!!!!!!!! The very very very best reading on Early Bays, all about their peculiarities, all to do with the little quirky things that may be a little challenge, and all about the unique mix of things that make up an Early Bay ;) Is right here on this very forum :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Possibly the best forum in the world :mrgreen: :lol: :p :lol: :mrgreen:

Amen to that!

Davydomes said:
ozziedog said:
BUT!!!!!!!! The very very very best reading on Early Bays, all about their peculiarities, all to do with the little quirky things that may be a little challenge, and all about the unique mix of things that make up an Early Bay ;) Is right here on this very forum :mrgreen:

Amen to that![/q

:lol: ;) :p ;) :lol: ^ ^ ^

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Eee made I laff, :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts