Best Split Charge system ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rev-al

Reaction score
Had a search but don't see the answer yet.
Anyone got an opinion as to the best system out there.
My needs are;
1. One for the Kombi - general camping holiday needs, but I WON'T be adding a 240v hook-up at this stage, maybe one day.
2. Another one for the g/f's beetle which will be getting a heated rear window sometime.
Neither vw will be running other draining devices.
Many thanks.

i think Jon sells split charge systems? you could PM him.

There is lots of advice in tech section about this. ill move this post there as this is more tech than general.

ive just sorted this dilemma for myself :lol:

thread http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=39707" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hope it helps

ta
potts

Many thanks for the replies guys.
( £140 is much more than I thought I was going to have to pay tho !, + Volksworld show has pre-spent my pennies !)

I used an "intelligent" relay from bluebird. Did the job, but did need me to adjust the voltage that it triggered at. Been fine for a couple of years now.

£20ish IIRC

Nick

i use a split charger that i got off ebay the fella sell loads of um very simple to wire in it has about six wires and mines been brill since i fitted it it 15months ago it came with very easy fitting instructions and you can even wire a fridge stright into it if i can find his details i'll post um later. cheers phil

found it. i use a self switching auto split charge relay theres loads on e-bay but heres a ref number 230683414652.cheers phil

Latest posts