BEWARE WHEN BUYING YOUR WESTFALIA ROOF CANVAS.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give JK a call as they have just had some more made, they should be less than £300 or at least mine was.

just our bit.. we bought the ebay special for £99 and had ideas it might be shite but for the money we will take the risk.. turned out to be the easiest and best fit,2 of us that had never seen a canvas and with bits missing as usa import (you know the story) it went on a treat and looks good. not real but good and we're happy.. try one.

Picture042-3.jpg

Sorry to bring this old thread back but I'm in need of a new canvas so any up to date recommendations please?

All I can say is NLA supply to the trade and a company already mentioned on this thread gets theirs from.......

trinketpimp said:
All I can say is NLA supply to the trade and a company already mentioned on this thread gets theirs from.......

Are you saying they are good or bad, I like the look and the quality but haven't fitted one of theirs. It would be good to have a recommendation.

Thanks for the replies, after seeing these in the flesh this weekend next to each other the quality is far superior on the more expensive one so that's what I will be using.

The difference between the cheaper one or the more expensive one is something I needed recommendations for and now ive seen the difference myself I would definitely recommend the more expensive quality canvas :)

I'm in the market for a Westy Front hinged Orange Canvas, glad I found this thread. Although it is a bit confusing.. are the NLA canvas' the too tight ones? who sells the best closest to OG ones?

I can't comment about the fit of these as have never had the pleasure... I can say though that a friend fitted a JK one that pulled the screens out at first elevation as was that tight, though the replacment one was fine.

NLA supply the Orange ones to most of the companies out there, including the one at the top of this thread so if it is too tight and you get one from them you cut out the middle man

trinketpimp said:
I can't comment about the fit of these as have never had the pleasure... I can say though that a friend fitted a JK one that pulled the screens out at first elevation as was that tight, though the replacment one was fine.

NLA supply the Orange ones to most of the companies out there, including the one at the top of this thread so if it is too tight and you get one from them you cut out the middle man

I'm sorry but I think we need to be careful here, the original post is 2 years old and you are trying to link that supply to NLAVW who were not trading as far as I'm aware back in 2012?
I know Adam who runs the company and I think if anyone has a concern whether there product is fit for purpose then perhaps it would be worth contacting them direct rather making assumptions on here, I'll drop Adam a line and steer him in the direction of this thread so he can at least respond.

That could be wolfsburgh classic parts. But companies do change their names, one spoken of on here was known as green-camping and then cool-out, before it changed to it's present name.....

Graham L said:
trinketpimp said:

I'm sorry but I think we need to be careful here, the original post is 2 years old and you are trying to link that supply to NLAVW who were not trading as far as I'm aware back in 2012?
I know Adam who runs the company and I think if anyone has a concern whether there product is fit for purpose then perhaps it would be worth contacting them direct rather making assumptions on here, I'll drop Adam a line and steer him in the direction of this thread so he can at least respond.

Thanks Graham,

We were trading back in 2012 but we weren't supplying to that many other companies back then.

Whilst it is difficult to ascertain who is in the frame here but I feel it is worth clarifying our approach to issues with our products.

We are very keen to constantly develop and improve our range so each issue hopefully can be used to improve future batches and irradicate these problems. Whilst it is rare, occasionally you do get rogue canvases that for some reason come up tight. We have worked really hard to minimise these occurances and are happy to report that discrepancies are few and far between.

With any canvas it is essential to measure each edge and compare it with the previous one fitted, this avoids any issues before it is to late. No one wants to go to the effort of fitting a canvas only to have to take it all off again.

The tolerances on our canvases are closely monitored but we are aware that faulty items can occasionally slip through the net. If you are unlucky enough to receive one of these then
please inform us and we will be only to happy to check things over and replace it.

Rippers said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think WW sell them in orange :-(
they do but the colour is called yellow but it's very much the orange yellow colour that was fitted originally

Latest posts