BN4 and Dual Carbs...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_troupster

Reaction score
Can it be done?

One day i'll get around to re-fitting my petrol heater. I've been putting off any engine upgrades because i'm aware that space is an issue for dual carbs when the petrol heater is in place. Consequently I've been thinking about a centermount idf, but the problems of tuning when considering that the price is the same as a couple of small single barrel carbs puts me off.

I've since read on the samba and such like that people have been fitting ict's with a BN4 in place, although information is sketchy and no clear pics that i can find.

Id like to know if there's enough room for other brands, Kadrons for example. So id thought id ask on here and see if anyone has any experience, photos etc?

Thanks in advance
Jim

It all depends on where you mount the petrol heater.
For instance on type fours it was mounted under the rear seat.

I have the same issue, even went to the extent of making the stock air filter mount removable (in case I went single carb), bought stubby type 2 manifold, stubby filters and after all this I have a stock BN4 and a single '40 which will be taking arm through the stock filter. Engine seems to run fine.

Latest posts