Body Roll

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genchy

Reaction score
I have a 71 Bay and it has been lowered by the previous owner, understandably he had removed the Anti Roll Bar (stabilizer).

My question is this, should i replace it as i do have some body roll or should i change the shocks for gas ones and see if that helps? I intend to change the shocks at some point anyway.

Any help appreciated

Kev :D

VW put them on for a reason so id put one back on.
my current bus didnt have one when i got it but fitting one made the steering better in the bends. :D

Thats what i thought! Do you have any clearance problems with yours, and did you just put a standard back on or a heavy duty?

Kev

you get the odd scrap but not too much.

heres is how much clearance i got

4df8ba5f.jpg

but depends on how low you are i suppose :D

just got the standerd on mine, very rarely scrapes.
did scrape alot more when it was slammed!

That's great thanks guys, will be bolting one on soonest. Thanks for the pic bruce, i think our ride heights are similar :D

No problem get it bolted on and you will soon be flying round them corners

fanofthevan-SWEDEN said:
you can get heavy duty front anti roll bars and a rear one too, saw it the other day when I was looking through the vw heritage parts book.
£75 each

JK do them too, TBH I can't see any benefit over stock. You'd be much better off investing in decent gas shocks.IMHO.

I can see my bus is going to be a rare thing, stock height.:D

I have considered dropped spindles, but keep talking myself out of it.:D

Picked up the parts today from GSF for just over £30 including the fixing kits so not too bad.

Should get round to fitting them later today.

Will also fit some gas shocks when i get the chance, going to try and get some prices at VolksWorld this weekend to see if there is a saving to be made :wink:

Thanks for all your help guys.

Kev

YEA SHOULD BE A SMALL DEAL TO BE DONE.

IF NOT YOU ALWATS GET FREE POSTAGE WITH ORDERS.

HOPE ITS A CRACKING SHOW :D

Genchy said:
Picked up the parts today from GSF for just over £30 including the fixing kits so not too bad.

Should get round to fitting them later today.

Will also fit some gas shocks when i get the chance, going to try and get some prices at VolksWorld this weekend to see if there is a saving to be made :wink:

Thanks for all your help guys.

Kev

GSF do Cofap gas shocks, very good so I have been led to believe.

Job Done :D

What a difference! Really can't believe it, i can now throw the van around a bit and it doesn't feel like it is going to tip over........well made up!

Did find getting the clamps on a little tricky mind :roll:

Speedwell do you know anyone that has fitted those gas shocks from GSF? Was going to buy the ones from JK but there is a GSF just down the road from me.

Thanks all,

Kev

Nice work that man, now go forth and buy shocks! :D

I like the gaz coil over ones :wink:

Genchy said:
Job Done :D

What a difference! Really can't believe it, i can now throw the van around a bit and it doesn't feel like it is going to tip over........well made up!

Did find getting the clamps on a little tricky mind :roll:

Speedwell do you know anyone that has fitted those gas shocks from GSF? Was going to buy the ones from JK but there is a GSF just down the road from me.

Thanks all,

Kev

No I don't. When I bought my stock Cofap shocks from GSF, they offered me those instead. But the oil ones are first rate so I can't imagine the gas being bad. I've used Cofap shocks on many a VW, and they have always been excellent.

Latest posts