brake pipes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crosser

Reaction score
hi all, ive ordered some new metal brake pipes for my 69 bay as mine are missing.... (its a resto project,not been driving around with no brakes).... i had to order them from heritage as there the only people that can get hold of them... they have to order them from the states so i gather they will be for a lhd bus, will this be a problem as mine is rhd....

i was going to do that but when it comes to brakes i would rather be safe than sorry, also there only £26 a set...

You could always use copper brake pipes, these are better in the long run because they dont corrode and could be safer in the long term too. If you go to the right suplier they should also be a lot cheaper than the original ones.

:cry:

Copper would be better but I have never seen a bespoke for the T2 for sale (unless I be blind 8) ) :D

ive tried everywhere to get a copper set but no joy.... and as there are no pipes to copy it would be a nightmare to make my own.... does anyone know if the lhd pipes will be ok for a rhd?

I'm pretty convinced that the brake pipe set you will receive will not be pre-bent anyway :!: (Correct me if I'm wrong). So you'll end up with a shed load of straight pipe combined with fittings and no clue as to where each one goes :!: :!:
I reckon the best bet is to get the heritage pipe, check the longest runs will hook up to the master cylinder (for RHD) then zip off to a motor factors with all the pipe+fittings and they will make up copper (copper/zinc) lines with same type fitttings as the one's from heritage.
I can't imagine that thru German efficiency the brake lines across the rear axle aren't identical (L/RHD) and also across the front chassis....apart from a little tweaking

Find a friendly local bus owner and pre-bend your new pipes to match... :D

Latest posts