Brake Servo

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike.s

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone managed to fit a brake servo from late bay into an earlybay?

I have CSP front brakes but like the idea of getting them better still if possible.

Cheers, Mike

Fitted a Porsche 944 (i think)servo to a king and link beam. It's a tight squeeze because theres less space between the tubes. Massive amount of fab work for the linkage as it's RHD. Might be a lot easier on a LHD. You need to see where your pedal lines up to you beam.

I'd guess anything LHD with a bay beam would be straightforward. 68 RHD pedals are the wrong side of the chassis rail, I don't know if the pedals moved when the chassis changed after 68.

hmmm - i have a 68 LHD but with a late Split K & LP beam - it will be a bit of a puzzle!

Think you will be fine with LHD. I'm pretty sure it was a early 944 servo I used. It's a little more compact compared to a bay one and no breather pipe. Bolts are same pattern and I mated it to a bay master cylinder.

Thanks Paul - i'll look into this - there are alot of cable conduits around there!

Is there any chance you have a pic of yours (although i know its rhd)

Thanks, mike

You'll only need to think a lot about it if you've got the '69 beam- September 1969 they changed to a beam with wider spacing, same as on a late bay. If you've got that, I suggest you just copy the late bay design & master cylinder. That being said, I don't know a lot about your specific setup so I'm not taking any responsibility :)

If you were to have original drums all round, I'd say remote servo so you don't have to use a disc brake mcyl on drums- creates potential issues with incorrect piston diameters and residual valves being incorrectly specced. Just for reference.

No worries! I have a bit of mix and match - a late split k and lp beam, bay dual master cylinder, stock rear drums anbd csp front discs,

I think i'll get hold of a second hand 944 servo off ebay and offer it up to see how it could fit.

cheers

Latest posts