• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Brake Set-Up off 1971 Early Bay (discs)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jp

Reaction score
Having upgraded to Porsche 4 pots all round on my early bay I have the original stuff for sale from my 1971 Bus. I believe these calipers are pretty rare 1 year only.

Consists of :-
Front Discs, Calipers, spindles, bearings..
Master Cylinder
Rear Hubs, drums, rear a-arms/swing arms (not spring plates)

All in good working order when removed from van with the van having recently passed the MOT with these brakes on.

Front brakes...

brakes.jpg

Note: I have removed the wheel studs as they were extended ones and sold them with the alloys I had on there.

All for only £120 would advise collection from Chippenham, Wilts as pretty darn heavy.

Basically it's a home brew kit.. a friend on here (richbaker78) did the design work and my dad did the machining.. I just sourced the bearings/ porsche bits and bolted it all up :D

brakes2.jpg

brakes5.jpg

brakes7.jpg

jpbus2.jpg

Fronts were reasonably simple to do but the rears are a bit more involved.[/img]

Are they 944S calipers?
How much did it cost you (if you don't mind ;) )?
Looks sweet, I'd love to do it but I don't have the engineering know-how to do it myself - the commercially available kits are REALLY pricey!
You could make a fortune selling reasonably priced kits - or many friends by detailing how to do it!
Look great in yellow too - especially with the Porsche Cups (?).

hello everyone.....it was me that designed the kit.....JP has my old set up - im now running the 928 s4 calipers which are much bigger :D :D ......ill post a few more details tomoro (but im not giving everything away....it took me about a year to get it sorted) the aim was to use all porsche parts for easy availability in future.....the only problem with marketing is brakes are kind of important and the liabilites are huge...that said I do intend to put together a budget DIY kit one day with lots of disclaimers....

got to run now...more tomoro :D

If you're prepared to swap it all over ie the spindles, discs etc.. then it should fit nicely and you'll be another step in the right direction to early bayism :D

Hi

I would be very interested, if you are willing to send it to France.
Do you know how much would be shipping, maybe only for front brakes or even only front calipers and master cylinder ?

thank you very much, it's very hard to get thoses parts in France and I had to cancel my hollidays because of those bloody calipers !!!

Thanks again, Simon

i have a full set spindle/calipers/discs etc. i swapped them for later discs as the pads are easier to get. the left is good but the right might need loooking at as its a bit tight. probably just need new seals. £100

Latest posts