Brakes coming out of adjustment

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slammed

Reaction score
I'm finding my front drum brakes are needing to be adjusted up every month or so, no big deal but pretty annoying.
I'm gonna replace all the hardware ie springs etc, but any other ideas what it could be?
Obvs will check cylinders when I pull the drums off.

Is there a lot of brake dust accumulating, does it brake smoothly or sort of bounce or catch, if so it could be the drum is warped or grooved and your actually wearing the breaks down really quick, if not is the small locking spring in place on the adjuster, I bent mine up by accident when adjusting for the brake change it is easy to do but this is there to stop them rotating back or forwards under vibration check there in place, easier to see with the hub removed

RichardAlexander said:
Is there a lot of brake dust accumulating, does it brake smoothly or sort of bounce or catch, if so it could be the drum is warped or grooved and your actually wearing the breaks down really quick, if not is the small locking spring in place on the adjuster, I bent mine up by accident when adjusting for the brake change it is easy to do but this is there to stop them rotating back or forwards under vibration check there in place, easier to see with the hub removed

Ah good shout on the locking tab, forgot about that... It brakes pretty smoothly and doesn't catch if you spin the wheel. Thanks for the input.

Latest posts