Brand new calipers!!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

halfpint_fighter

Reaction score
One of my calipers seized and i was a bit disappointed by the lack of parts availability and price of my options.

Then i came across 'Brakes International'. They supply brand new calipers from 'Budweg' in Denmark.
Fitted a pair yesterday.

So my Bay still has early brakes instead of having to fit later ones :D

Thats very interesting. I thought these were no longer available.

Is it the company based in Rochdale that you used?

How much were the calipers? Are they steel or aluminium?

Can you post up any part reference numbers from the box or invoice please?

I'd be interested in the info as well, as we have struggled finding suitable replacements at a reasonable cost

http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wow interesting cheap on price but whats the build quality like

Araon said:
http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/

wow interesting cheap on price but whats the build quality like

Yeh price looks good but again whats the quality like??, anyone else fitted these to their bus?

Quality seems ok, the original castings were no oil painting so don't expect Wilwood sexyness :lol:

I'm not going outside in the rain with a magnet so you'll have to wait until it's dry before i find out.

BCB0292 & BCB293, £43.64+VAT each plus £20 surcharge. From what they have said they are quite recent new castings.

halfpint_fighter said:
Quality seems ok, the original castings were no oil painting so don't expect Wilwood sexyness :lol:

I'm not going outside in the rain with a magnet so you'll have to wait until it's dry before i find out.

BCB0292 & BCB293, £43.64+VAT each plus £20 surcharge. From what they have said they are quite recent new castings.

Many thanks for the info.

Surcharge? Why a surcharge if they are new? Surcharges only apply if they are reconditioned [confused smiley]

I asked the same question to Brakes International! The bloke confirmed they are new cast calipers but reckons they subsidise by taking in the old ones for refurbing (which is the suppliers main business)

Fitted some to mine about a year ago. So far ok. I do have a pair of original calipers in pretty good nick that just need a rebuild (did one but got lazy/ran out of time) and the only difference I can see is that the 'sidedness' isn;t obvious ie the chamfered hole at top. That being said they are the dual bleed and reversible anyway I would suspect as everyone tells me the originals are.

halfpint_fighter said:
I asked the same question to Brakes International! The bloke confirmed they are new cast calipers but reckons they subsidise by taking in the old ones for refurbing (which is the suppliers main business)

Ah - cheers for the info :)

Is the surcharge each caliper? so If I kept my old ones - it'd be £40 surcharge?? edit answering my own question YES it does mean £40...

did they come quite quickly - thinking of ordering for the weekend fitment...

Latest posts