• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Breaking '70 RHD dormobile. All parts used and NEW

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jukeboxhero99 said:
What condition is the roof bellows plastic/canvas in and how much?Cheers..

Canvas doesn't look too bad, the bellows? are all the, you mean the bits that concertina withthe roof? all the mech is there.

£100 for the pop and all the components, or £150 for it chopped off. Pls note the roof is rotten where the hinges attach.

It's pissing down today so can really get a good pic as covered over.

Regards

Rich

gibzy76 said:
Are the rear drums in good nick? How much do you want for them?

Do you want the full rear brakes or just drums??

I've got a pair of my '68 cos i've disc now. i'll have to check the wear, but if good...

£30 pair

Regards

Rich

Switches £5 each
IMG_2125.jpg

Steering Wheel, not that good.. £15
IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

Interior stuff , back set up , sink, cooker, cupboards and tap. £60

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

Gear stick £10
IMG_2118.jpg

I'm stripping this day by day , will post pic as i go.

gear box is CO which is 1600 early bay 69 onwards. C is the same but out of a 68. The C code one is out of my bay, tight as, shifts beautifully, only done 90,000 genuine miles.

Look on
http://www.partsemporium.co.uk/type2gearboxcodesandratios.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers

Rich

Its just the canvas i need ,not the hoops etc.Are there any rips or tears ,picture would be great.How much would it be if you can get it off without too much hassle?Cheers......

jukeboxhero99 said:
Its just the canvas i need ,not the hoops etc.Are there any rips or tears ,picture would be great.How much would it be if you can get it off without too much hassle?Cheers......

canvas has not been taken off very carefully, so i'm afraid it's ripped along the join. i'll put pic up tomorrow, was rainy bad today.

Toad said:
Toad said:
May I ask why you are breaking this bus? Just seems such a shame to loose another EB. :(
Looks in much better condition than most that I work on...and restore.

Would you like to buy the shell before i chop it?

I could restore this vehical back to its former glory, however as stated in my reply, it's not viable. No one would restore a car to loose money... would they?? I'm not a business. Trust me this have every panel patched, covered and rotten through.

Regards

Rich

woody68 said:
Toad said:
Toad said:
May I ask why you are breaking this bus? Just seems such a shame to loose another EB. :(
Looks in much better condition than most that I work on...and restore.

Would you like to buy the shell before i chop it?

I could restore this vehical back to its former glory, however as stated in my reply, it's not viable. No one would restore a car to loose money... would they?? I'm not a business. Trust me this have every panel patched, covered and rotten through.

Regards

Rich
Plenty of people restore buses just because they love them/want one...and not for finantial gain.
Do you have a set of photos showing the complete bus shell condition?

I understand the passion and love for buses, I'm not doing this for financial gain, far from it. i paid well over the odds for this bus, which i admit i should've investigated it more. I'd take on most projects and do it for the love of restoring a bus. However to get this bus to the standard i'd be happy with it's possible. I've have a rust free 68 UK RHD that i know is mostly OG metal, it was completely OG metal until fitted a tin top and someone smashed into it. To which i painfully source the best possible panel to repair my bus. Using early 70's front to replace my bent 68. Using only NOS parts to replace the indicator lense and straighten the OG screws so they are still correct. Replaced the light bowl due to 68 van having less flats than a 69 onwards. My alloy wheels are 67/68, my dash clock that wasn't factory fitted is stamped 68. I'm very passionate about vans, especially EB's. However this van would need nearly every panel replacing. I don't do patches and i'm not a sheet metal fabricator. The time it would take me to do this van and the cost of getting og metal to replace the rot isn't worth it.

If you'd like to restore this bus then i'll give you whats left for free and i'll not chop any body parts off. Fair?

Regards

Rich

Do you have the sliding door cover for the non sliding door side? (ie the drivers side)

woody68 said:
gibzy76 said:
Are the rear drums in good nick? How much do you want for them?

Do you want the full rear brakes or just drums??

I've got a pair of my '68 cos i've disc now. i'll have to check the wear, but if good...

£30 pair

Regards

Rich

Just need the drums as one of mine on my 1970 dormy is warped

Re the sliding door repair panel, Do you have the sliding door to go with it?

Hi can I have the wash-wipe switch if it works(doesn't leak)please .
Also do you have the top roller plastic cover of the sliding door...Cheers..Dave

Latest posts