• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Breaking California 68 Bay and MORE - Vanfest Delivery

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mroldbug

Reaction score
Im in California and there is a 68 Bay that a neighbor has that he is breaking up. The interior is pretty much gone, no engine or trans, but it has bumpers, all the doors and glass, the dash and a lot of good parts left. I am shipping a Van over for Vanfest and have room inside to stash parts and can deliver them there to the show.

I can also source out other parts and items here in California for delivery to the event (want an In and Out Burger T Shirt?...Im your Man!)

PHOTOS OF THE PARTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING LINK!!!
http://www.oldbug.com/68part.htm

Ive posted a couple of very quick and poor quality photos at http://www.oldbug.com/68part.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These were sent to me by phone...I will hopefully get good detailed photos today with my camera.

could do with the opening quarters if the frames are not rotted or rusty. what would the price be?

Alan

could do with the round reflectors if they are any good - problem is I'm a cheapskate :lol:

the 68 only rear view mirror if not too destroyed is worth having in your parts to sell, as is the 68 only dash top

Alan,
Is it the front door vent wing windows you are after or the ones for the side windows in the back?

I will let you know on the round reflectors dubdubz . My 69 Deluxe gets first dibs on them if I cant find any in my parts bin. ;)

is the steering wheel, horn push, indicatior stalk nd steering coloum surround, in good condition and working order please .I also require a head light switch .

Please can you pm me with the prices please,

I need a cut from the left door step with the mounting points for the bumper steps. Could you pm me a price if you are cutting up and can do?

Dave

Hi if you are doing cuts i could do with the rear gutter and the rear gutter corners all complete in one.

Please PM me with prices.

Thanks

Nick

mroldbug said:
Alan,
Is it the front door vent wing windows you are after or the ones for the side windows in the back?

it's the cab door vent wing windows :)

I had not really thought about cuts, but what the heck...in for a penny, in for a pound.

I am going to go over to the neighbors and negotiate for the whole Van and drag it back to my place.
Im willing to cut sections but will need some coaching as to where people want the parts trimmed.

As soon as it is here, I will assess the condition of all the bits and then will PM everybody with photos and prices.
First requests will get served first of course...if someone passes on an item it will go to the next request.

Im thinking payment wise, I would like a 50% deposit on the items with the balance due at the show. I will log it all in a notebook and tag each item with the buyers name so there is no confusion or chances of parts being sold to others.

I have about a week and a half before the boat sets sail, so everybody please get in quick and lets make this happen.

Feel free to ask around about me for references, Randy from Oldbug.com. I wont leave you hanging! :D

Hi sorry to be a pain but do you have any photos of the rear gutter and corners and i can provide you with the correct place to cut.

Thanks

Nick

Not a pain at all Nick ! PLEASE show me exactly where you want it cut.

I need a day here to get the Bus to my place and then I will do the photos and start marking it up and get some fresh saw blades.

Im not going to go to the hot place when I die if I cut this one up am I ?

Promise me all the parts will save other busses!!!

Does the deposit thing sound fair to you guys?
I just want to make sure that if I ship stuff over that it is a sure thing sale...Im open to input.

Hi sounds fair to me if you can get me a photo and a price before i fully commit.The cut needs to be approx 1 1/2 inches above and below the actual gutter and going around the corners and continuing for six inches past the corner towards the front of the vehicle but all in one piece.

Thanks

Nick

Sounds good to me Randy. I'll have a think if there's anything else I may need to keep my bus on the road :)

Ok no problem will await prices and if you canb take pictures for me that would be great.

Hi Randy

Im after a good pair of front hinges for a front hinged Westy roof, if you can source some?

Thanks.

Latest posts