• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Breaking California 68 Bay and MORE - Vanfest Delivery

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I am after the rear IRS set up from a 68/69 bay - A Arms, Springplates, wide 5 hubs/drums/backing plates, driveshafts etc.

Are you able to get hold of this? must be rust free and all useable as it is for an IRS conversion for my Split Screen

Cheers,
Steve

Hi
Has it got any overriders? If so what sort of condition are they in and what price would you be asking?
Any photo's would be great!
Many thanks

I have just returned from a closer inspection of the Van and have posted some more photos at http://www.oldbug.com/68part.htm

I must say...it is going to be tough for me cut it up...it is truly an incredibly solid Van :( . There is some front end damage, but other than that the body is PERFECT and the cargo floor is spotless clean.

Am I mad?

It is missing all the seats, the front bumper is tweaked, the nose has much filler, slight buckle to the left side front floor, instrument panel looks quite the mess, wiring is extremely bad....but the rest is superb!

The same fellow has a late bay though that I have totally fallen in love with...all original 77 Landmark... I simply must have it !!
You should see the interior!!! Insane!!

I totally agree with you that bus is in better condition than many i have seen on the road. Don't cut it - restore it.

Cheers

Nick

"I must say...I dont have the heart to cut it up...it is truly an incredibly solid Van :( . There is some front end damage, but other than that the body is PERFECT and the cargo floor is spotless clean. It really should be restored I think...not cut to bits. I just dont think I can bring myself to do it !!!

Am I mad?"

No not really..... I agree with you, but some buses have to die so that others can live on ..... hope that you can get the Landmark, looks really cool. Would love to see some pictures of the interior.
Gutted as the parts that I was interested in look quite good.

OK...I think Im back on again with the parting out of the 68. The guy is making me an attractive "package deal" on the two Busses and if I can part out the 68 to pay for the other Bus, than I think it is worth doing. I will know for certain shortly...we are in the final negotiation stage right now.

I dont think I am going to have time to cut anything before I go, but bolt on parts are fair game.

So...hit me with the list please and lets do this thing!

Hi Randy

How much are you looking for the dash panel just the full padded part no clocks or vents or glove box lid

Alan

OK...here is a list of some of the parts that are available.
I have had inquiries on some of the parts and need to give first chance to those who first contacted me on those.

I am posting prices that seem fair based on what I have seen for sale out there, trying to keep prices below that of the normal traders over there so I can spread about some deals. If you dont see an item on the list, please let me know what you are after. At this point I am unsure about any cuts, I need to check with a mate that is skilled on that, but if you have a request, let me know and I will see what I can do.

Photos of everything at http://www.oldbug.com/68part.htm

Front doors (bare) (VERY SOLID) ~275 pair
Right hand side front bumper step ~20
Rear engine lid (gorgeous!) ~SOLD
Rear hatch with glass ~ 100
Rear Valance , very clean ~ 60
Slider door ~ 125
Rear vent glass ~ 35 each
Reverse lights (pair) ~ 30
Taillights (pair) ~ 30

Also available (please PM offers)

Rear bumper with irons and splash pans..one ding, chrome peeling off, but very useable.

Ignition switch and column with steering wheel and horn push and signal arm

MATCHING original keyed locks and handles and ignition lock...full set for 68 only!

Front axle beam complete.

Messed up dashboard...but Im sure there are useable bits and switches inside.

And a ton of other stuff!

Rear engine lid is SOLD (Than-Q!)

I have a pare of bare front seat frames and springs for a walk through Bay... any need for those over there?

Im picking up the Van tonight and will have it here for detailed photos tomorrow.

I have someone that can do the cuts early next week, so if there are body panel requests, let me know!!

Also, just so it is said, prices are all negotiable...dont be afraid to make an offer on something!
I want to sell all the bits as fast as possible so bargaining is welcome!

Nick,
I will ask the guy cutting about that. Normally he takes the whole roof off and I see them sell for quite a bit more over there complete.
Im not about ready to ship a whole roof though, so perhaps this can be worked out. I will let you know when he comes and we chat about it. What would be a fair price for that section to you?

Hi there,

I was after the step bumper mounts if you remember, but don't worry if it's too much work as I can soon sort.

D

Hi if you tell me how much you want for it then that will determine if i still require it.

Thanks

Nick

mroldbug said:
The padded part looks to be a bit dry (California desert sun is pretty harsh) and there are some chunks missing...
http://www.oldbug.com/68part.htm

If you are still interested, I will sell it cheap, but Im not sure you would want it...look at the photos again and let me know!

Hi Randy

Can you please send me pics of the dash (the bad bits) mine has been cut to fit 2 x radios my bus is a wee bit rough around the edges anyway so it might just fit in. (how much are you talking anyway)
Are you going on a tour again (should come up - Scotland Gods Country) or just over for the show?

Thanks for your time Alan

I have just posted more photos of the Van and it's parts at
http://www.oldbug.com/68part.htm

The original keys fit all locks including the ignition!!
I really must try to keep all of that together don't you think?

The fuse box is actually there and in decent shape, I know someone was asking about that.

For those that requested photos of specific parts, I have tried to post them all there.

Please PM me with offers and requests, I am seriously open to reasonable offers on all this...I want to see all of this Bus go to help others live on !

Latest posts