• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Brochure Collection Clearout (Devon, Dormobile, VW, Danbury)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fortunate Son

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decided to let some of my brochure collection go to try and help fund the final stretch of my resto.

Will be sent "Royal Mail First Class Recorded Signed For" for £2.00 each (combined - £2.00 up to 3 brochures, if more than 3; I'll need to check postage cost and come back to you).

Paypal as GIFT please (or normal paypal + 4% of total cost)

1. VW "All these people are sitting in a VW" September 1967. A4 closed - folds out to A2 (4 sides of A4 double sided) All colour. Good condition a few minor marks and creases. £15 Sold to waltz19

2. Devon "The new Devon Motor Caravans" (#1 - I have 2 of these up for sale) 179mm wide x 237mm high closed - folds out to 358mm x 237mm, Not dated but looks like a 68 from the push button handles and early narrow pop top. Has been folded in half at some point in its life but otherwise in excellent condition. £20 Sold to budbay6

3. Devon "The motor caravan thats as good as a VW" A4 - 1971 Devonette and Moonraker Models - lots of great 70s colours! OK condition - some worn corners and creases are a bit prominant. £18

4. Devon " Get the go-when-you-feel-like-it feeling" 268mm wide x 207mm high closed. Opens out to 536mm x 414mm. Microbus Sunlander, Kombi Sunlander and Moonraker models. 1969 - 1970 model years. Good condition. Fairly rare. £20 Sold to budbay6

5. Devon "Motor Caravans" A4 -8 pages (4 x 2 sides) Eurovette, Caravette and Torvette models. 1968 model year. Stamped "The Automobile Association Technical Library, Received 2 Jan 1969" . Good condition, a few minor creases. £20 Sold to budbay6

6. Devon "Here's everything you expect from a motor caravan" - A4 closed - opens out to A2. A bit worn with creases and discolouration. Eurovette, Caravette and Torvette models, 1969 / 1970 models. Rare. £15 Sold to budbay6

7. Dormobile Brochure - A4 closed - folds out to A3 - 1970 model year. A few minor creases and marks. Print Code: VW70.1040. Fairly Hard to Find. £20 SOLD to Krim

8. Danbury "The Danbury" 210mm wide x 153mm high closed - opens out to 420mm wide x 153mm high. 1971 model year. Stamped "Leisure Cars Ltd School Road Charing Kent TEL: Charing 2141" on back cover. Includes Price list - 138mm wide x 246mm high, single sided, also stamped "Lesisure Cars ...etc" £12

9. 2. Devon "The new Devon Motor Caravans" (#2 - I have 2 of these up for sale) 179mm wide x 237mm high closed - folds out to 358mm x 237mm, Not dated but looks like a 68 from the push button handles and early narrow pop top. Has been folded into quarters at some point in its life, creases are a little worn. £10

Can I have the Dormobile please? Pm me your PayPal deets.

Is it cheeky to ask if you'll do it for £20inc postage.

Cheers,
Simon

Simon, for you £20 posted is a deal!

(I haven't forgotten about sending you pics and dimensions of table the bracket - been a bit busy since Vanbusfest)

I'll PM you my details. I'll post Friday am as I am in France right now, hope that's ok.

Cheers

Andy

Great thanks Andy.

Payment will be from my other halfs PayPal.

Simon.
:D

1. VW "All these people are sitting in a VW" September 1967. A4 closed - folds out to A2 (4 sides of A4 double sided) All colour. Good condition a few minor marks and creases. £15

I will take this one if it's not sold

Alan

A bit off topic sorry,

Do all the lotus white buses have alpine white roofs or same as body colour in the pictures?
Can't quite see if there's a difference.

Cheers

Andy

Er, don't know, sorry mate. Never heard of alpine white on bays before? Thought it was either pastel white 71 on or cloud white pre 71.

This might be of help

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers

Andy

Fortunate Son said:
Er, don't know, sorry mate. Never heard of alpine white on bays before? Thought it was either pastel white 71 on or cloud white pre 71.

This might be of help

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/colorstype2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers

Andy

Thanks Andy,

Had a look at the link, but it doesn't really explain if the roof is a difference colour.
Did you happen to notice the roof colour in the pictures, just to see if they were different from the Lotus White body?

Sorry it's off topic...

Cheers

Andy

Latest posts