Broke down near Southwold beach

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cut out - just as I was parking. It did it a little while ago and I could not work out why as it seemed to fix itself. Stocked up on spare coil, leads and Accuspark.

Swapped out coil, and not fixed. Swapped out electronic module and it may have been that as running again.

Little niggle in the back of my mind is wondering if it may have been the rotor arm as it seems not to take much movement upwards before it disengages from the notch in the dizzy shaft and may have been spinning freely.

Now I am thinking that each time it cut out, I was in reverse. The reverse lights run off the +ve from the coil and so does the electronic ignition. I wonder if it is related.

The reverse lights go through a 5alA fuse first, so if there was a short, you would have thought the fuse would have gone.

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Thats the classic... reversing light feed from contact breaker side of coil. When the reversing light switch closes it bypasses the points or electronic ignition module to chassis. The reversing lights will not come on brightly either. They should be connected to the black wire positive coil power feed. The same place the red wire from the electronic module goes.

Latest posts