Bug Jam and the weather

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raveboy

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Ex Microbus
Anyone been to Santa Pod if its wet ? What are the camping fields like? Don't want to make the long journey only to get the bus stuck!

All thoughts appreciated
Raver :mrgreen:

Lots of times!! The ground is clay!! So its like swimming pool if you don't move around to much... Or like a mudbath otherwise.... WORD!! ;-)
I would check the forecast buddy. :)

Paul.

Well I was thinking the same thing earlier.. My local vw show has just been cancelled for this weekend, and I thought at least I'm going bugjam next week, just seen on Santa pods Facebook that there's a show on there this weekend "dragstalgia", so wondering how much of a mess that shows going to leave the ground in for next weekend, not much recovering time :-(........

Santa pods bad if its raining, add wind with that its really bad.. Ask anyone who went to big bang this year.. Scary!

Olskoolchris said:
Santa pods bad if its raining, add wind with that its really bad.. Ask anyone who went to big bang this year.. Scary!

Pod....when its wet!!! (BigBang 2012) :shock:

Link:

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41113&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We went to big bang this year when it was seriously wet. GASH is the only word to describe it!

Trust me Santa pod and rain are a bad mixture ,been going for twenty odd years now and seen it in some pretty horrific states,big bang this year was up there :( :(

Yep its shit up there when its a mudfest but still worth it. Am going rain or shine. There are always plenty of people about to give you a push if you get stuck.

Have the organisers ever called off a show because of weather BEFORE it has started?
BugJam in the rain would mean no 1/4mile action and that would be pump!

Big bang this year is the first time that the show has been canceled, bug jam has been very bad in Years gone by but I have never known it to be called off in 18 years that I was going.
But there is also a jet engine truck to dry the track in the likely event of a shower...or two...or three!!! It will be flat out if it's like any of the shows I've been too this year!! :lol:
Just be prepared, and look at the bbc weather before you leave. :)

My first Bug Jam in '91 was a bogging wet and muddy affair. Took hours to get out due to everyone being stuck and was essentially, shit. I've been back loads of times since though, some wet, some dry ... the pod in the rain is a depressing and bleak old place though.

Get in there

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=782706" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)

Latest posts