Bumpers

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice71

Reaction score
Any know where I can get a set of new bumpers for my bus. I was thinking white ones but looks like there hard to come bye and might be forced to fit chrome ones.

As above, you cannot buy new bumpers for an earlybay apart from the really expensive chrome ones and the fibreglass ones from 'no more rusty bits' which we've fitted in the past and at a glance are hard to tell they are fibreglass.

Hang on in there - they do turn up eventually - I was searching for a few months but one came up on here complete. Bear in mind that the brackets themselves are quite expensive so bear that in mind when you set a budget... Also it needed stripping and painting.

There was one for sale from one of the traders at Camper Mart last month i think it was £200.

Brazilian front bumpers look ok but i think they need a front deformation panel to bolt to a la Late Bay.

MCJ usually have good U.S import bumpers in stock, but they will need painting. You can't beat OEM bumpers tho, german ones that is. I was lucky that my bus came with a front, and i bought a slash cut repro rear. the repro's not great, thin, not folded brilliantly. But i also got a cheap diamond tip that was in pretty bad shap, but the ends were good, so i sectioned them into my repro slash cut and 'squeeshed it a bit to get the top and bottom folds a bit sharper, It should look good in paint, until i can justify the expense of a german OEM

Latest posts