Bus Sop Over - Like the Murphy's........

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faux

Reaction score
I am bitter :lol:

Well folks all I can say is what a top turn out by everyone, we had 23 early bays with only one white Westy :mrgreen: I really appreciate everyone who took part and I had a great weekend despite a crappy cold.

So this is how it went down:

In my usual....OCD way I got everyone lined up, the Late bays came in thick and fast (not that they could park their buses for toffee :lol: ) and I was slightly worried on numbers. But we slowly kept coming and definitely outnumbered them but I have to admit that they were very shiney........I think a smarties tube sprung to mind, but as the sun wasn't shining it did brighten up the field, a bit like Gay Pride...... 8) The banter flowed all day and we did notice there was a bit of badge envy, but it was a good crack!

Then came D day and Johnson Autoworks came to judge and unfortunately we lost :( on variety???????????. We only had...
Crewcabs, Singlecabs, Panelvans, Devons, Westfalia's, Doormobile's, Customs, Rat, Resto's, Slammed, Stock, Firebus', left hookers, right hookers blah, blah........ARGGGGHHHHH! Deap breath :lol:

I know how much of a ribbing (Pete) HailFrank is going to give me now so I am going to clean my bus and chill out in the SUN that is shining in South Wales.

WELL DONE! Early Bayers and thanks for making it a cracking weekend as usual, we may not have the Early Bay V's Late Bay trophy but I wouldn't have wanted to be in the other line.

Please post picture of the day here to show everyone what a top job you all did.

Jon

Early Bay camp (Sorry for being a light weight!):
IMG_0610.jpg

The Line up begins:
IMG_0601.jpg

From Behind! :roll:
IMG_0601.jpg

They kept coming:
IMG_0603.jpg

What do you think:
IMG_0605.jpg

More photo's please!!!!!

faux said:
I think a smarties tube sprung to mind!

I wish there were that many orange smarties in a smarties tube! :)

I thought it was an excellent display on both sides and really enjoyed the banter! Shame about our lack of variety :cry:

Glad it was a good weekend, all being well il be bringing mine next year to ad a splash of Red to the EB line up.
Fair play to those that turned up though 8)

Rich

Top day guys recon we was robbed but theres always next year. Hopefully this will encourage a few more join the line up... :)

Yep we were definitely robbed, we were:

- better organised
- in a straight line
- and we weren't late for the line up unlike the lates :lol: :lol:
- none of us had to keep moving our van to get it in the right place (hailfrank :mrgreen: )

Some pictures of the weekend, both of the lineup and the camp, and as usual a great weekend had by all

L1030372.jpg

L1030373.jpg

L1030376.jpg

L1030377.jpg

L1030378.jpg

L1030380.jpg

L1030381.jpg

L1030383.jpg

L1030386.jpg

L1030388.jpg

L1030390.jpg

L1030391.jpg

L1030392.jpg

L1030393.jpg

L1030394.jpg

L1030395.jpg

L1030396.jpg

L1030400.jpg

L1030398.jpg

L1030407.jpg

L1030408.jpg

Agreed. Great weekend. Nice to meet you guys.

Here are some pictures I took as well.

DSC_7322-2-1.jpg

DSC_7315.jpg

DSC_7316.jpg

DSC_7314.jpg

DSC_7319.jpg

DSC_7310.jpg

DSC_7312.jpg

DSC_7323.jpg

The dreaded moment. It's blurry because I was shaking with rage. :evil:
DSC_7347.jpg

we turned up on the saturday an all had a great time really good show and turn out will try get some photo's up.

mine for a start :mrgreen:

35842_403971572954_515377954_4416813_7622679_n.jpg

love going the shows and seeing the vans i see and read about on here and seeing them in the flesh :)

No pics I'm afraid, forgot me camera (again) :(
Despite the less than tropical weather on Saturday we certainly had a good time, as usual great company, good location, plenty beer and this time Strongys wood burner! Top man Chris, kept Aaron entertained and us toasty 'till far too late at night ;)
Have to echo others views on the somewhat surprising outcome of the judging, can only suspect they were more generous in the 'plain brown envelope' department than we were. Not that anyone did such a thing of course.....cough, cough...oh no, no, no. No chance, not at all..... :roll:
Top marks to Hailfrank for organising the whole thing, (and faux for his arrow straight eye ;) ) whatever the outcome it has been a good laugh and meant meeting more folk..... even if their taste in busses is a little dubious :lol: A good turnout all round, and as far as the lates go, was particularly impressed with the slammed and tubbed green/white pop top and the lowered/narrowed blue with white roof bus on gas burners. Obviously any of the Earlies were far superior, but they were very nice all the same. :D
Good weekend, hope everyone got home ok, see ya soon. :D

Gutted I couldn't be there, but you never know for next year :shock:

Well done on all who turned up - the line-up looks very professional I must say 8)

Great pictures too ;)

What a great weekend at Bus Stop Over once again.
Glad i got my bus in the line up, petty we was robbed!

23 Earlies all standing proud and looking cool as ...

What happened to the Battle Of The Bays stickers, or were they handed out when i wasn't there?

Micko68 said:
What happened to the Battle Of The Bays stickers, or were they handed out when i wasn't there?

Sorry, I tried to get everyone a sticker. PM Frank as he was the one who had them going for a £1.

Grazy said:
Whos is the red / patina eb on brms - looks niiice 8)

Hi G - Top fella, one of Strogy's mates. Sweet bus.

I had a great weekend, even though I was in the golf. And dam the weather was chilly on the Saturday.

Had a good piss up and a great weekend all round.

Did the Judge's have a stick by any chance

Had a great weekend, & it was fantastic to be part of the line up.

Think I've worked out why we lost on variety. All our buses were cool & looked awesome unlike the lates, hence no variety :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi All
I was good to finally meet most of you on Saturday and great to be part of the line up (we might not have won the trophy, but we certainly got the most attention!). I had a great weekend (bit cold on Saturday but Sunday more than made up for it 8) ). I've got a few pics and will get them posted up this evening.

Cheers

Dave

Latest posts