"BUSTER BO JANGLES", '67 CREW CAB

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BO JANGLES

Reaction score
Meet BUSTER BO, he's a '67 Crew Cab, that came in from South Africa, via Scott Wilson, then Graham at Midland Early Bay. He's RHD as you can see & needs a little TLC :?
I was a bit reluctant to tear my Oval apart as my first project, as at the moment thats all good , complete & running & to be honest what I want to do to that will cost a hell of a lot so I might put that on the back burner for a while.
However with our welding course started & talk of a Paint work course starting soon, together with a crazy level of eager stupidy :roll: :lol: , I picked this up on Wednesday.
vw10068.jpg

vw10069.jpg

vw10070.jpg

vw10071.jpg

vw10072.jpg

vw10074.jpg

It was another one of those Snowy days, but fortunatley only in the fields & not on the road.
vw10063.jpg

vw10066.jpg

In its new home for a while :roll:
vw10078.jpg

So this morning work started doing the easy bit tearing it apart, first are as it was then as it is now,
vw10079.jpg

Nice paint :lol:
vw10083.jpg

vw10084.jpg

vw10085.jpg

vw10086.jpg

vw10087.jpg

Do you like the rear opening windows ?
vw10088.jpg

vw10089.jpg

vw10090.jpg

vw10091.jpg

vw10092.jpg

A bit of rot in the load bed
vw10093.jpg

vw10094.jpg

vw10095.jpg

vw10096.jpg

A bit of fibre glass
vw10098.jpg

Glass out, lights off, bumper gone,
vw10101.jpg

Dash & seats gone
vw10102.jpg

vw10103.jpg

vw10104.jpg

A bit of light through the floor :wink:
vw10105.jpg

vw10107.jpg

vw10108.jpg

vw10110.jpg

vw10111.jpg

I pulled out a bit of fibre glass & the whole wasn't to bad
vw10112.jpg

& the gates are in need of work but not beyond it
vw10113.jpg

vw10114.jpg

vw10116.jpg

More later 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Some cool 68 touches on that bus, never had a good look around a 68 double cab.

Watching with interest.

Oh and were those pics at the service station junction 8 southbound m5?

I had a few sleepless nights mulling over buying that crewcab, before finally deciding to plug away at my dormy. It looks like it has a good home and I'll be keeping an eye on the progress! It will be good to have a thread for a crewcab resto to refer to, as I'll be getting one at some time. What plans for wheels/suspension/engine/paint do you have?

Hi!

Looking forward to seeing the work as it goes on, what plans do you have?

Looks like your local to me? - I'm in Instow :D I assume you work for Rodds?

Cheers!

Alistair

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Fuckin A dude!! Glad someones finally bought this. I went down to gordano to meet Scott about a year ago next month and picked up mine :mrgreen: There was snow everywhere then too :mrgreen:

Not many right hookers about. Im watching with interest! Good luck dude.

Good one - looks like everyone and his dog was thinking of buying this :lol:

Plenty of owkr on this one to keep ya busy ;)

Loverly though 8)

i too mulled over taking a punt on this one but got a bit scared off. good to see it being taken care of.

aogrady said:
Hi!

Looking forward to seeing the work as it goes on, what plans do you have?

Looks like your local to me? - I'm in Instow :D I assume you work for Rodds?

Cheers!

Alistair

Hi Alistair,
Yes I'm local mate, I live in Braunton & I own Rodds Electrical. I'm suprised I haven't bumped into you, I'm a member of http://www.northdevonvwclub.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, theres another Early Bay Westy like yours, check out Rides & Riders section, you'll also see some other cool rides in the area together with my other rides
girls016.jpg

Send me a pm & arrange to pop down down to the unit where I work on the Crew Cab one weekend if you like. 8)

I first saw this thread last night and recognised the work van from somewhere, the last pic solves it.

Your SSVC build thread on the 13 window, one sweet bus :D

Hope the crewie turns out as good

Matt

Cheers Matt,
The direction I'm thinking of at the moment is a standard colour , hoops & bows, standard basket weave interior, but not sure yet to ride high or drop it a bit on some alloys ? Something like these ?
39494.jpg

158768.jpg

245380-1.jpg

or maybe just a little custom ?
268275.jpg

570073.jpg

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

It looks like a light grey paint lies beneath the questionable top coats & on the inner panels, do you reckon it would be a South African only colour ?

not sure dude. Mines ivory white i think. Seems to be a standard 69 colour. think im gona keep mine patel for now :) light greys and uber cool colour man. :mrgreen:

Yesterday we started at this point
vw10115.jpg

& then with the very kind help of THE SURGEON BigBulli, & Jase THE AXE MAN this is what happened
We drilled the doors & remaining gate off

vw10137.jpg

vw10138.jpg

Then started cutting the bed
vw10135.jpg

& the THE AXE MAN...........basic but fantastic :shock:
vw10144.jpg

vw10136.jpg

vw10139.jpg

Partners in crime
vw10140.jpg

vw10139.jpg

vw10142.jpg

vw10143.jpg

Oh & off with the engine lid & out with the gear box & rear bumper
vw10145.jpg

vw10146.jpg

Rich welded in a brace across the rear door
vw10148.jpg

& dug out a bit of the fibre glass
vw10152.jpg

vw10153.jpg

No nasty surprises & can now see the wood through the trees 8) 8)

man i`m sooooo pleased. I brought the bus over with the intention of doing just what you are doing however the vat man needed paying and so did mr taxman and i sold her to graham. Graham had exactly the same intentions i feel. Its a 68 doka rhd and i`ve never seen one which is why i brought it over despite its obvious non rust free status. Beware those spiders...at least they won`t kill you just hurt a lot :mrgreen:
watching with HUGE intrest

Am soooo jealous, nearly swapped this for my danbury tin top earlier last year. :mrgreen:
Thought at the time that it was too much for a first project, regretting it now. :oops:
Really looking forward to seeing more pictures. :shock:

Awesome crew cab. :roll:

Keep the pictures coming dood.

your other rides look quality, i dare say you wont cut corners on this either. 8)

Latest posts