"BUSTER BO JANGLES", '67 CREW CAB

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was digging bits out this morning the South African tax disc dropped out of some where, it shows the last time it was on the road was only March 2003. Its got loads of info on it but it made me laugh when it says in the description, "Bakkie/Pick-up", funny how different countries have slight differing meanings, I thought it was something you smoked :wink:
Also when I took the dash out all those weeks ago, a Porcupine spike fell out, glad it was only the spike not the rest of it :lol:
ghia014.jpg

For the first time in ages i managed to get down the unit & do a bit to Buster, so out with the Nitromores & scraper :wink:
crewcab010.jpg

xt056.jpg

xt058.jpg

crewcab014-1.jpg

Anyone want to buy some paint ?
crewcab016.jpg

crewcab009.jpg

crewcab019.jpg

Quite pleased with the progress today, just now desperately want to get down there and get it all done & when I can afford it get the floor panels & really start to progress :roll: 8)

Did a bit more bare metalling, after work, this time with a knotted wire brush attachment on the grinder, front panel done , took about 3 hours :roll: but pleased with the results, just a little rot at the bottom & a tiny bit around the screen
crewcab001.jpg

crewcab002.jpg

crewcab003.jpg

crewcab004.jpg

crewcab005.jpg

crewcab007-1.jpg

Looking forward to getting rid of the pink inside :lol:

Nice bus and nice work so far! Looking forward to seeing more on this as your build progresses.

Absolutely chuffed, I spotted an advert for some second hand gates for Buster, the fella was coming over from Poland to Vanfest & having a stall there, luckily Buzz & Bigbulli went there for the day & were able to pick them up for me, so big thanks to them. Buzz brought them round first thing yesterday & I'm delighted with them, still in original paint, a tiny bit or repair needed to a hole the size of a 5p, but otherwise really straight.
IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

IMG_3915.jpg

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3918.jpg

So if anyone needs some gates, but not so concerned about a little work my old ones are now up for grabs ;)

Hi Bob,

I love the picture of the sides just casually sitting on top of a Beetle Karmann cabrio hood... :shock:

Looking good. Cheers, Carl.

Those gates look mint! Good find! Let us know if your going to sell your old rear gate, need one for my sc and enjoy a challenge (you should see the side dropgates :lol: )

ProfessorWheeto said:
Those gates look mint! Good find! Let us know if your going to sell your old rear gate, need one for my sc and enjoy a challenge (you should see the side dropgates :lol: )
What sort of money do you think its worth ?

Right I've cleaned the floor up which doesn't look to bad
crewcabfloor1110011.jpg

Until you look at the back quarter :(
crewcabfloor1110003.jpg

crewcabfloor1110001.jpg

crewcabfloor1110009.jpg

& start to look around the edges :?
crewcabfloor1110006.jpg

crewcabfloor1110005.jpg

crewcabfloor1110021.jpg

So I ordered a new floor from Schofields, who I must say were really helpful & quick, they fabricated a new battery tray & I also got some inner sill strengtheners :roll: So any words of advise before I go in like a bull in a china shop in the morning & cut all the floor away ???

Got on really well yesterday, I cut out most of the floor so looking forward to one night this week getting down the unit to get on the remaining bits cleared 8)
crewcab001-1.jpg

crewcab004-1.jpg

crewcab006.jpg

crewcab002-1.jpg

crewcab010-1.jpg

Got down to the unit last Saturday & got the remaining floor removed, then cut out the old inner & centre sill, together with cleaning up the outer sill :D
crewcab029.jpg

crewcab027.jpg

crewcab026.jpg

Still got a bit of prepping the ends but,
I then trial fitted the new inner & centre that I got from Schofields & they fit well :D
crewcab020-1.jpg

crewcab022.jpg

crewcab023.jpg

Very pleased with the progress so far 8) 8) 8)

scott wilson said:
thats nothing fella..no need for replica panels there... ;)

spoke a bit to soon there :oops:

Good work, its gunna be worth it 8) the gates were a great find

I'm pleased with the results so far and its not even my van :msn4:

Stoked for you mate ;)

Latest posts