Cab door lock barrel broken

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronmidg

Reaction score
Just pulled the passenger cab door lock barrel out with the key!!!!!!!

looking for a replacement lock and C&C have VW genuine for £50, gulp, or pattern handle with lock and key £15 from C&C or JK, but checking the JK questions and answers for J10002, one response says ok to swop the lock to original handle, another says not.

"Genuine VW" black handles are available for £25 from C&C.

Anyone know if the black handle barrel will swop into an original chrome handle? and if I can swop my existing brass slidy bits into the new barrel?

or where to get a barrel which I can fit my own bits to?

its held in by a screw that holds the lever that works the lock so it could have just come loose and fallen out,worth a look.

By a cheap (used ) handle for a few quid and canabalise it......

without keys handles cost very little and you can rejig it to fit your current key in 10 minutes.

the new black or cheapo handles come with new style keys like Mk2 Golf keys so if you want to keep the keys the same it wont help you
the barrel should fit in your handle though.

Thanks for the advice, now sorted courtesy of eBay. And having fixed the passenger cab door lock learnt enough to tackle the drivers side to get ride of its unique key too.

Latest posts