Cab Windows jamming after refurb

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennyandsam

Reaction score
Hi I stripped back my cab doors last year for a respray and put them back together (with much swearing). However, once everything was in its place the windows jam when trying to wind them up and down. Its not the winding mech its the glass that seems to get jammed in the channel and/or scrape on the inner scrapers. I pretty much gave up on it as I couldnt bring myself to take it all apart again, and hoped the rubber would become a little less tackyn over time (or some wishful thinking like that), but as I have a bit more time on my hands now I wondered about tinkering.

Does anyone have any tips? I wondered if the aftermarket felt channel was the problem, or if the channel itself is out of alignment? Thankfully we have Quarterlights but it would be handy to be able to wind down the windows one day!

vinvan said:
Also try spraying the felt channels with silicone spay

But don’t do that if you are planning on having any paintwork done anytime soon.

Silicone is a body shop’s worst nightmare.

If you figure out what the problem is, let me know... I have exactly the same issue...

Yes the new felt is a bitch, getting it to go round top corner is fun and look tidy. Has the short guide by door lock slotted in its clip as that will mess it up. Will be putting mine together soon .

I had the same kind of problem after rebuilding my doors with all new felts and wiper seals. It turned out being the wire retainer that holds the wiper seal across the door frame being about 5mm too long and jamming the window, especially when trying to raise the window. I was able to get to it and shorten it and then get it back in the correct position by just taking the door card off. It took a long time to find what was jamming mine, but was an easy fix so may be worth checking.

Once you have the mechanism working and nothing interfering with your movement, you can also lubricate with talcum powder :shock: :shock: :shock: Keep to a minimum but a wonderful lube it is indeedy. Have your vacuum at the ready too and clean up as you go.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,but get your mechanicals good firstly :mrgreen:

Latest posts