calling all R9 front wishbone owners

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doz

Reaction score
How do you stop the creaking and groaning from the bushes and shock mounts? I swear mine was doing a bad violin solo of God save the Queen this afternoon?

mine aren't to bad, just give out the odd squeal if I hit a bump at low speed.

Only thing I can think of is take the wish bones off and give the bushes a good greasing....

I also wonder if the bolts which hold the wish bones on should be fully tightened or just snugged up to allow the wishbones to pivot freely

I just covered my shocks and bushes in wd40 which worked. I also checked the torque setting of the bushes to make sure they were not too tight. I think they are supposed to be 25nm so not very tight.

Cheers guys. I've tried the wd40 approach without success. I was hoping it would highlight the a5rwa that needed the grease but no joy. Sounds like I'll need to strip the arms off and use some rubber grease on them. Overall I can't say I'm very impressed with the quality of the kit. I got an advise on the mot as both teack rod end boots have split and cracked in less than 4 miles use. Trying to contact them is a nitemare. I've even taken to leaving text messages in the hope of an reply. Thanks for the torque value. I'll double check the valu2

I still havn't got a reply to my email sent over a week ago either. Maybe they are on holiday. I have had the wd on for a week now and the creaking is starting to come back. Let us know how you get on with the rubber grease. Might be a more permanent solution.

Latest posts