Camperjam weather is it worth it ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crede999

Reaction score
I don't want to sound funny but after all the shows that have been cancelled this year and after seeing the forcast I can't understand why this one hasn't been postponed giving the amber flood warning :? :shock:

I understand there's big costs etc for the organisers

But Raining for three days doesn't sound like a fun to me !

Chris

Im affraid to say that a show wont be cancelled for 3 days rain, thats just tough luck i think.
Ive been told by a mate who lives local that Weston Park has very good drainage so unless things get biblical then no chance of a flood, which i suppose could result in it being called off.

Its just crap sitting it out in the rain but thats the year where having.

Just checked the weather and the BBC are forecasting heavy rain possibly tonight and then again tomorrow. Im still setting off from Devon tonight and fingers crossed we might see some brighter spells over the weekend. As we know the Met Office dont get it right very often. (They cant get the Exeter weather right and the Met Office is based here :shock: )

Went to 'Dubs Mania' a few weeks back, camped at this same venue and it didn't stop raining all night and all the next day. The grass was wet, the vehicles and people were wet, but there wasn't a spot of mud to be seen anywhere, even with vehicles driving off road.
The only thing this weather will actually affect is peoples morale if anything.

....Feel the love!

I hear what your saying people , don't get me wrong I'm no fair weather camper having done 10000 across Europe over the last three years but rain all weekend and particularly bad rain tomorrow has put me off going ... :(

We're bonkers us Brits lol :lol:

Have fun people

Chris

It will be fine guys, the suns out here at the moment (Bristol) and the weather is coming from the South East (for a change) so I recon it will miss Westons Park ;)

Dull and dry here in Exeter at the moment for a change and the weather dose seem to coming from the SE, but the West Midlands are on a severe weather warning and its cutting across in a swage from the SE to the NW.
News shows the rain over the Midlands between 10 and around 4 tomorrow, but dose look better for Saturday and no rain on the Met office website chart for Sunday.
Get packed up and go camping folks. See you all in the Beat tent tomorrow night.
Must rush, better make the most of this dry weather to pack the bus etc.

clyde said:
Dull and dry here in Exeter at the moment for a change and the weather dose seem to coming from the SE, but the West Midlands are on a severe weather warning and its cutting across in a swage from the SE to the NW.
News shows the rain over the Midlands between 10 and around 4 tomorrow, but dose look better for Saturday and no rain on the Met office website chart for Sunday.
Get packed up and go camping folks. See you all in the Beat tent tomorrow night.

Safe trip John

Foz said:
Went to 'Dubs Mania' a few weeks back, camped at this same venue and it didn't stop raining all night and all the next day. The grass was wet, the vehicles and people were wet, but there wasn't a spot of mud to be seen anywhere, even with vehicles driving off road.
The only thing this weather will actually affect is peoples morale if anything.

....Feel the love!

i too was at dub mania and yes it was very very wet but the ground was firm, im packing plenty of dry clothes wellies waterproofs and of course the fit pit, the weather is not a issue for me as i have hade my bus since sept and as yet have not managed to camp in it :lol:

creationblue said:
clyde said:

Safe trip John

Going as far as Cheltenham tonight then on to the Jam friday. When you going up, ill keep em peeled.
Drive safe folks. (cant be as bad as DATC last year.......when we drove over the bridge into Wales it was spilling over the bridge and was fookin deep.........folks still managed to drive like loneys)

We are coming up Friday after Skool, unless its under water oop north then maybe ill shy off! Be sure to post up some reports

Dry and warm in Gloucester at the mo :)

I wont be there till Saturday, but will be going regardless. See you all there. :)

I'm going no matter what, 3 old mates coming with me as well - whom appreciate old V dubs (and a weekend away drinking beer and swerving the missus / kids)

If it's wet, its wet - I recon that there will be spells of sunshine over the weekend - doupt it will be constant rain....there, i've said it :msn4:

check this out looks like a mixed bag, im sure it everyone goes equipted for the weather it will be fine :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2634306" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts