Carb help for new engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harper1980

Reaction score
Hi everyone can anybody help me?
I've recently started to rebuild my 1600 single port in a 1641 twin port but as this is my first rebuild I'm abit stuck with what carb or carbs to you can any body help with this?
Or any body got any tips or advice with this engine build?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Twin webber ict's or if you have the budget get some Dell drla 36's both would go fine on a 1641

Twin weber 34ict's are what I run and properly setup they are lovely fit and forget carbs.
36 Drlas are another good choice as CornishSilver said above but they are more £££
If you go for twin 34's be aware they mostly (99%) come jetted to for a bedford van so you will need to get them rejetted.
Its easy enough to unscrew and replace the jets not some dark art like I first thought!

That's great guys thank you so much I nearly bought some twin 40s off ebay good job I didn't,I'm thinking of buying them new as I've got new pistons barrels etc and nice new painted tin ware.
Is it a good idea buying new or should I find some off a running van?

If you can get new ones although ones off a running engine would probably be easier to setup.
Make sure you budget for all the ancillaries too - they can mount up.
You will need to get a fuel pressure regulator, more fuel hose, t-piece and consider tapping the manifolds to run a balance pipe between the carbs!
After they are fitted and running consider getting them setup on a rolling road as this will allow them to be finetuned to your engine.

Thanks stu I was thinking about buying a carb kit from lime bug il get everything in with that won't I?
Thanks for the info on aircooled.net il defo have a good look at that as I'm a panel and paint man not a mechanic 🤔

Latest posts