Carole Nash Cancellation Charge

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71Westy

Reaction score
Just warning so that you aware...

So I have left the world of early bay ownership and my van has a proud new owner in Ireland.

So I went to cancel my Carole Nash insurance this morning. "That will be £25 please". There is no refund on a policy over 4 months old (this is 8 months old) so they needed the full payment. So I said leave it then - don't cancel it. "You can't do that" was the reply - it's illegal apparently. And now that I have told them I have sold the van, they will report me if I don't cancel. They have conceded to add a note to my records to take £25 off any new insurance I may take out - as a goodwill gesture.

This is of course all in their terms and conditions, so it is all correct and above board. And I guess the penalty I pay for the cheap (just over £100) insurance. But it leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

I do think it is a short sighted policy on their behalf. I have a Morgan to replace my van, and I have two other cars, one of which is insured for younger drivers. So I spend around £1300 per year on vehicle insurance currently. I suspect none of which will head Carole Nash's way now.

Standard on 99% of policies these days, same for major changes.

No idea why they would do this so far into the policy.

I know a lot of insurers do this for the first couple of month to stop people just insuring vehicles whilst selling/registering them.

Even JK's insurance is the same. (well mine is)

....they have to cancel your (old) insurance if you've sold the bus.

There was a scam a few years back where crooks would buy a car - insure it with multiple companies, crash the car, and make multiple claims for same damage...

Clever crime - no one to complain or make a fuss - but they got caught

Morgan - gone from tin-worm to wood-worm !

Just don't tell them you've sold it and let the policy lapse! Extra year of no claims bonus at the end of it, and no cancellation fee. If you're not planning on making bogus insurance claims out of the vehicle, I can't see how anyone would ever know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moseley said:
Just don't tell them you've sold it and let the policy lapse! Extra year of no claims bonus at the end of it, and no cancellation fee. If you're not planning on making bogus insurance claims out of the vehicle, I can't see how anyone would ever know?

You don't accrue NCB on Classic policies.

speedwell68 said:
Moseley said:

You don't accrue NCB on Classic policies.

Unlucky for some, I do on mine with Admiral!

Moseley said:

When the next owner tries to insure it they will have a problem if it's still insured as the insurers database is shared.
I had the exact same experience this week with Carol Nash, I'm changing my motorbike and they gave me a stupid quote for my new one, a breaker is taking my old one to break so I've told them I'm not cancelling although I've told them I have sold it.
I have to say I would never use carol Nash again as they auto renewed my policy last year with zero notification even though they claim they emailed me, I have no record in spam or anything and when I tried to get to the bottom of it they were horrible to deal with, vote with your feet.

Latest posts