Carrying bicycles on a westie

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gar

Reaction score
Just want some advice on how to carry 3 adult bikes on a 70s pop top westie. I understand thst most bike carriers will allow just 2 to be carried on the back. Does anyone recommend a 3 bike carrier or something that might allow one to be carried on the roof? Cheers.

do you have a tow bar? this is the easiest way to carry 2+ bikes - e.g. try the Witter carrier which bolts to the tow bar direct and is easy to remove e.g. if you need access to the engine bay but is also firm and secure
cheers
Rob

I'm sure you can get three bike tow bar racks.

I like to see the rear spare wheel mounted racks on the front of buses with front mounted spares 8) and then bikes on the back also! :D

Clem said:
I'm sure you can get three bike tow bar racks.

I like to see the rear spare wheel mounted racks on the front of buses with front mounted spares 8) and then bikes on the back also! :D

You can definitely get three bike tow bar mounted racks … I know because I have one :lol: Made by Thule, wouldn't carry my bikes any other way

I recommend the Thule tow bar bike racks as well. got a two bike carrier which I used to use on the back of my T25 Atlantic. Using it on the Bay now. Has a neat feature that allows you to tilt the rack with the bikes still fitted so that you can open the rear hatch without having to take off the rack. Easily clamps on the tow bar and the rack and bikes can be locked in place so they can't be nicked.

Cheers for the advice. Will have a look at the thule bike carrier. Thanks for the photo - an idea if it gets to needing to carry four biikes :)

Latest posts