Cash or Trash?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEXTER

Reaction score
So I've stripped out my '70 Dormy. Just the front seats and dash to go. Seats look like a pain. The bus is half fiberglass and they've run it right up over the nuts and bolts that attach the seats.. :/ .. So now that I have this stuff yanked out of the Dormy, I need help deciding what goes to the curb during fall clean up and what I should try selling. I realize the sink and pump are good. Maybe the icebox although it's full of silicone. Here's some pics.

2009_09140012.jpg

Figure someone could use the doors? They seem good. There is a little water damage to the rest of it. If someone is interested I can get more pics.

2009_09140013.jpg

Sink is in good shape. Little grubby but easily fixed. I have the pump and hoses. Don't know what it might be worth.

2009_09140014.jpg

Ugly icebox. Not sure about this one.

2009_07150009.jpg

2009_07150011.jpg

Table looks pretty good.

2009_07150008.jpg

I don't know what this is and it's torn.

2009_07150005.jpg

2009_07150006.jpg

No idea where these little seats go but they appear to belong in the bus.

I also have the back seat. It is covered in a very ugly fabric and the original is not underneath. Trash? hmm.. what else. I think I have the full set of white snap on window covers. They are mostly quite clean.

Any opinions would be very much appreciated. Also let me know if you are interested in any of this stuff. Have a nice day Earlybayers.

you will get a fair bit of money mate.ive bought 2interiors now both over 150quid!and those 2 "buddy"seats are ultra rare done throw away dude

Apart from that torn sheet which I don't think is anything to do with the Dormy interior it all looks useable and saleable.It would be over here anyway.I'm not too sure about the demand in Canada though? The removeable seats you have have little swing out legs that attach to some alloy channels which you can still see on that wardrobe and there would have been another channel mounted on the bulkhead next to the main unit.These seats are the most saleable thing over here.

A sharp chisel and hammer should get all that fibreglass/bondo off where the seats are mounted ;)

Edit- theres a small chance that sheet may have been a part of the Dormobile optional side awning or tent but I've never seen one or a picture of one,but I think they would of been made of the same material as the roof canopies.

VWAIRCOOLED said:
Edit- theres a small chance that sheet may have been a part of the Dormobile optional side awning or tent but I've never seen one or a picture of one,but I think they would of been made of the same material as the roof canopies.

I have an awning with my dormobile that I believe may have been supplied by dormobile (along with the twin roof racks ;) ) - I've never taken it out of the bag yet - perhaps a job for the weekend???

Demand here in Canada is definitely not what it is there. I suppose selling to someone over there would probably include a very high shipping price. Damn oceans. :p The little seats seem to be a bit of a find. Good stuff! Thanks for the chisel tip. Gonna have to go pick one up.

I'm not an ebay seller but it might be my best shot at selling this stuff I suppose. I just searched "dormobile" and came up with a bunch of toy cars. Not much of this stuff around is there..

Thanks again.

Loxy said:
I have an awning with my dormobile that I believe may have been supplied by dormobile (along with the twin roof racks ;) ) - I've never taken it out of the bag yet - perhaps a job for the weekend???

Loxy - would be really interested to see some pics of your awning if you do get it out the bag. I now have 2 awnings which the sellers of both claim to be supplied by Dormobile originally though Im pretty sure they are just ordinary awnings available back in the early 70s. Andy :)

Loxy said:

That'd be cool dude,don't forget to take some pictures 8)

Latest posts