CB Radio Users

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey before I get back from the pub,,, can someone find my favourite country and western / cb track for me >???? It was called Teddybear, by someone called Red something or other,, might be Red Levine or similar ,,, anyone help ??

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, That used to make all the girls cry :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Ive got an old Fidelity CB2000 FM (guess that was way in the future back then) gunna get it wired in tomorrow before camper jam, mag mount for the roof and a stinger ariel so gunna give it a whirl :)

Well im slowly getting toward the end of preparing my van for the UK roads, my mate and I said when we bought them that we should get CB's in the vans for boys to use ( honest luv they are for the kids !!!) :)

I want to keep this as cheep as possible but have no knowledge of them so what do you guys recommend ? Ideally would like it work abroad in France and my can already has a roof mount but antenna screwed in it so would like to utilise this.

Cheers
Sam

ozziedog said:
Hey before I get back from the pub,,, can someone find my favourite country and western / cb track for me >???? It was called Teddybear, by someone called Red something or other,, might be Red Levine or similar ,,, anyone help ??

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, That used to make all the girls cry :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
My old man was a lorry driver so I was well into trucking, needless to say my favourite film was 'Convoy'. I was born the same year it was released and had it on good ol VHS :!:

The soundtrack to the film is awesome cb talk. CW McCall, Convoy

Check it out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3VN54M1OXA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got back from the pub last night and listened to Teddybear and almost had a cry (I did actually sob) then I attended to the small matter of being last in the Kebab shop and having a babby the size of the QE2 with enough peppers to sink a destroyer or three :shock: And even with my super human effort there was still more babby left than I`ve ever had in two large kebabs in my entire life :roll: But,,,,,,,,,, me did me best :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, There was a Kenworth hauling logs, :lol:

Convoy anyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5XGvNpWXqA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Watched it last night :lol:

My Install

021-3.jpg

020-5.jpg

Breaker Breaker for a copy ;)

creationblue said:
My Install

021-3.jpg

020-5.jpg

Looking good :D ,

Takes me back to when I was a kid, dad was a Hgv driver in the Pre mobile phone days and he was always on his cb, looked forward to school holidays so I could go with him and talk to all sorts of people on it :lol: can remember his handle was 'Christmas tree' due to the amount of spotlights and marker lights that were on his cab :D
Them were the days .... 8)

creationblue said:
My Install

021-3.jpg

020-5.jpg

that's a neat place to put if, only place I was looking was on the passenger side under the glove box. misses didn't like the idea as she's worried I'd make her use it :lol:

Hey Nugsy, my radio is under the glovebox

002-11.jpg

So had to think of somewhere else, also the speaker is on the bottom so needed that to be on the up-side.....there are holes already punched out on the seatbase too 8)

simo said:
Does anyone know the answer to my delema :shock:

At Brighton Breeze the other year i got pulled by the fuzz (thats police in slang - not pubes as you was thinking :lol: ) for using a hand held walkietalkie , where the lady plod said that it was ilegal to use any handheld radio device/ mobile phone! I took the slap on the wrist and went on my way.

It still bugs me however, as i think she was wrong, it is still a hand held cb radio - someone enlighten me pleeeeeze :?:

She is wrong, any wired radio (i.e. CB radio) device is ok to use but would still exercise caution. That's the reason she let you off with the warning as there was no crime/punishment for using it whilst driving.

niklee1 said:
simo said:
Does anyone know the answer to my delema :shock:

At Brighton Breeze the other year i got pulled by the fuzz (thats police in slang - not pubes as you was thinking :lol: ) for using a hand held walkietalkie , where the lady plod said that it was ilegal to use any handheld radio device/ mobile phone! I took the slap on the wrist and went on my way.

It still bugs me however, as i think she was wrong, it is still a hand held cb radio - someone enlighten me pleeeeeze :?:

She is wrong, any wired radio (i.e. CB radio) device is ok to use but would still exercise caution. That's the reason she let you off with the warning as there was no crime/punishment for using it whilst driving.

The issue is handheld...... you were using a walkie-talkie and not a fist mic you were in the wrong as above if its a fixed mobile your fine .....

Latest posts