chanel 5 tomorrow

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The show he done with the crazy Indian dude "leepu" was better tv.

But a nice finish on the bus in the end.

Same format just re jigged

That Bernie is properly full of it, I can't stand to watch his programmes normally but as this was the SPlitty episode I dragged myself through it.. IMHO they did a god awful job - threw away an OG interior, the paint colour choices looked hideous and the new interior looked nasty.. as as for the cheap tacky chrome bits.. don't get me started!

Win that? no thanks!

ON the other hand Car SOS really did a fantastic job on the Dormy and for a very deserving fella, owned the bus for 40+ years.. respect. OK, Tim can be a bit of an idiot, but Fuzz certainly seemes to know what he is doing... (although I wasn't sure about trying to start an engine on 18 year old petrol and oil with no exhaust was a good plan!)

Maybe I missed something but why did they fit a meat slicer?

Shorty said:
chad said:

I have no idea....

can't say I've missed having one in my bus....

So the meat slicer was mains powered, no sign of any hook up or power source, guess they need a long extension lead then.

Also love how he was "adjusting the gear linkage" under the rear bumper, that bit was as staged as the crash.

Crap TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Mr Brightside said:
Shorty said:
chad said:

I have no idea....

can't say I've missed having one in my bus....

So the meat slicer was mains powered, no sign of any hook up or power source, guess they need a long extension lead then.

Also love how he was "adjusting the gear linkage" under the rear bumper, that bit was as staged as the crash.

Crap TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Agreed Crap TV, watched it but kept shouted at the TV and nearly threw something at it at one point, throwing a perfectly good westy interior on the floor like that and calling it rubbish, do they take advice on these shows?, even their history bit at the beginning was wrong :evil: :evil:

There is a disclaimer at the start of the program that said words to the effect that "although the vehicle is real, the program may stage events for entertainment purposes"..
If you can call a fat bald twat mouthing off and screwing up what could have been a decent base for a resto "entertainment" that is...

Missed Car SOS though so will have to search it.

jonboylaw said:
There is a disclaimer at the start of the program that said words to the effect that "although the vehicle is real, the program may stage events for entertainment purposes"..
If you can call a fat bald twat mouthing off and screwing up what could have been a decent base for a resto "entertainment" that is...

It's on again on Thursday 15th at 10pm on Nat Geo

didnt see the chanel 5 one but watched the car SOS one, know one of the workshop guys very well, he advised on one of the first ones and got offered a job to help with the rest before he got home.
think he said with the bus the paint reacted and needed repainting again and only left them with 17hrs to totaly rebuild it before they had to hand it over.
all of these types of programs are so staged its funny at times, and i understand some of the owners can be right twats after the shows where thousands have been spent on vehicles that some of them have clearly got the money to restore but dont, and then there complaining and demanding parts that had to be replaced returned. (im not saying the guy with the bus was like that but others susposidly were)

jonboylaw said:

Aah that's 'southerners' for you - not like us amiable happy go lucky northerners!

What a crock of sh*t!!!!!!
The programme & the finished bus!!!! :lol:

Can you imagine the thing close up???
All the missed bits you'd notice???? :lol:

Anyone enter the competition to win it????
Are were we sell too scared in case we actually did??, :lol:

Just watched SOS, what a great programme and made a change not to see a splitty!

Great to see a white Dormy on there. Brought back memories of my one wedged in a tiny garage. :lol:

Tried watching the channel 5 rescue farce but two minutes of those idiots was enough for me :suicide:

I liked the OG colour why change it :shock:
This is in no way a admission or likeness
To splits :msn4:

Watching it now on demand 5. The acting is terrible. Why does this program need to be sensationalised?

jonboylaw said:
Bernie is a tool, so many staged "set backs" to try and turn shite television into mediocre viewing. Going by a some of the crap they stitched together in previous shows, this may not turn out well...

Sent from my GX64 SatCom phone using Tapatalk

Oh how right you are, what a bunch of muppets. It is the age old story of bodge it but make it shiny. TV at it's very worst and shows the general public will watch and believe anything.

Latest posts