chassis code 22222

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catanddavo

Reaction score
Hi went and looked at a van last night and just wondering if anybody can tell me what it is,im not sure if it is but the guy said it was a devon?chassis number starts with 22222 I think its a microbus,will this decrease the value of the van?

Many thanks

Assuming this is the first 5 digits of the full chassis number then:
first 2 means type 2
second one means its a Microbus
Third means its a 72 model year (crossover between early & late)
Rest is the start of the chassis number

Any reason to expect a microbus to decrease the value? just means that devon (if it is a devon conversion) started with a microbus model when they converted it - which would have had windows from the factory. As far as campers go I would think only a panel van with a window conversion is likely to be slightly less valuable.

A decent description of the interior & pop roof (if it has one) will probably allow us to work out what conversion it is - some conversion put stickers on to identify them.

Condition of the bodywork is the main thing to worry about ;)

excellent thanks you have put my mind at ease,the interior isnt original,they have changed for a modern look,its not bad but i prefer the original so it will be stripped sooner or later,its got the bunks in the poptop and the holes in a pillar for 5th bed bunk over cab its a devon style poptop with vent in it!

Bodywork is pretty good its had a lot of work but seems to be a good standard new import front end, all new doors except bonnet average paintjob solid chassis mot'd for 11months

catanddavo said:
excellent thanks you have put my mind at ease,the interior isnt original,they have changed for a modern look,its not bad but i prefer the original so it will be stripped sooner or later,its got the bunks in the poptop and the holes in a pillar for 5th bed bunk over cab its a devon style poptop with vent in it!

Bodywork is pretty good its had a lot of work but seems to be a good standard new import front end, all new doors except bonnet average paintjob solid chassis mot'd for 11months

I would double check the bodywork repairs - make sure they havent welded/filled over old rusty panels. I imagine it isnt cheap so make sure that you are getting what you are hoping for.....
There arent many UK buses these days that havent had a lot of work done to them & its amazing how many have been bodged together but look ok on the outside.

Latest posts