Chugsy's 69' Deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chugsy said:
sam@bugeyeddesigns said:
Really cool!

I'm hoping mine will look similar to that once its finished.
Its the same colour and has the same patina

8)

Sam is yours a rhd? U got a thread for it dude? Would love to see it. What is the name of the blue? ours look a bit diff to neptune. Similar to dove but i thought it was only a splitty colour?

quote]

Mine's neptune blue and cloud white. Its LHD USA import.
I'll have to get a thread up for it soon- once the split beam is on and finished

Right, bit more work has been going down on the deluxe. Mainly sanding down all the cargo floor then two coats of hammerite. Sound proofing over the engine cover bit and a few bit placed on some of the larger side panels just to keep some of the noise out and tone down the vibrations from two 10'' subs :roll:

soundproof3.jpg

Me having a good old go at getting the fury manky old sound proofing off. Not a fun Job!

soundproof2.jpg

Tim i mean Lee :roll: Geared up ready for some hardcore sanding. But something is missing here?......

soundproof4.jpg

Oh yeah thats right.. Lager

soundproof5.jpg

Getting there

soundproof6.jpg

Ready for some Hammerite action

soundproof7.jpg

One coat to the rear. And believe me when i say it takes alot longer to do brushing than spraying!

hammerite1.jpg

My mighty solid floor :D

soundproof8.jpg

Strips of soundproofing

soundproof10.jpg

A bit more

soundproof9.jpg

A bit on the panels

littlehelper2.jpg

And all of it was done by this little fella. Why did they abolish child labor again??

littlehelper1.jpg

To be fair, he doesnt look that happy about it :?
(He was supervised at all times so ignore the pointy screwdrivers people :shock: )

woodenflooring1.jpg

A teaser of the laminate flooring. Got a few tidy up bits and bobs but it looks the bollocks! All that and hes only 2! ;)

Hey Chugsy
Nice bus and tidy work. Can you tell what product you used for the sound proofing and are you happy with it. Trying to make some decisions about mine
Cheers Paul

Hi Paul,
to be honest I couldn't tell you who manufactured the sound proofing. I bought it from Ruga of here because he had some left over after doing his bus. We had a slight confusion, I was under the impression that he would be sending dynamat but I'll put it down to a small breakdown in communication because it's not dynamat, it basically is though. It looks
similar to a product called 'brown bread' which is less expensive but still does the same job (and produced in uk). It has helped yeah but I didn't go overboard with it. Most people put in on in squares and cover everything which personally I think would be more noticeable At deadening the sound but I opted for strips. 1. To make the roll go a lite further and 2. To level out the ridges for when I cover the parcel area. I read that it is not a necessity to cover everything but just cover the wider more open panels in the centre to absorb the noise but really I would need to of tried both ways in the same vehicle to be sure.

Jon

Latest posts