Cigerette Lighter in Bays ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grazy

Reaction score
As i dont own one as yet , i was just wondering if bays have a lighter fitted or not . i dont expect they do but just askin :wink:

Funnily enough mine has (a '69) but Im pretty sure its not original - reckon its had the hole cut in the dash, its to the left of the steering column ...

Have a twin port one hidden behind the passenger seat, can easily get to it but cant be scene. Nuff handy.

I've got a double one under the dash, the previous owners solution to repairing the failed dasboard illumination was to stick two fairy lights on the clocks and plug them into the fag lighter when night driving .......nice!!!.

currylager said:
I've got a double one under the dash, the previous owners solution to repairing the failed dasboard illumination was to stick two fairy lights on the clocks and plug them into the fag lighter when night driving .......nice!!!.

Nice!! :lol: :lol:

currylager

have you come up with a better solution for the daashboard illumination. I tried to remove the dial pannel but had problems. the rubber lever ends for the heaters (which don;t work) don;t come of therefore couldn't remove to change bulbs. I have also inadvertently disconnected the eart to the horn which now doesn't work either! Are the bulbs easy to replace??? I currently have no view of the petrol guage or 0-80mph at night time.

cheers!

When I get round to it, I will have one up front for the sat nav, and two in the back for the fridge, etc. Got them form JK, should be easy enough to fit! (famous last words! :p )

olance said:
currylager

have you come up with a better solution for the daashboard illumination. I tried to remove the dial pannel but had problems. the rubber lever ends for the heaters (which don;t work) don;t come of therefore couldn't remove to change bulbs. I have also inadvertently disconnected the eart to the horn which now doesn't work either! Are the bulbs easy to replace??? I currently have no view of the petrol guage or 0-80mph at night time.

cheers!

Due to all the welding and grinding on my bus at the moment its gonna be a few months before i get as far as the dashboard illumination, none of my lights work either!!. Judging what the previous owner has done to the dash i'm just waiting to see what other bodges arrive. The gen light on my 74 bay kept blowing and it was possible to change the bulb by sticking your hand under the dash, working out the bulb layout by counting round the back of the speedo, half a turn and the bulb lampholder is out!!, replace the bulb and screw back in!!. I would think the illumination bulbs could be the same perhaps. (would advise disconnecting the battery before making an attempt tho!!). I was a vehicle electrician in my last job, so i am actually looking forward to doing some fault finding, its got to beat picking rust out of your eyes and dodging hot blobs of metal anyday mate !!!

Latest posts