"Clean look" engine bays

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me where the best/ safest place for the standard fuel filter is? Mines located in the engine bay just before the fuel pump at present but after a leak I would like to re locate it. (Pictures would be great if poss)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

thefonze said:
Can anyone tell me where the best/ safest place for the standard fuel filter is? Mines located in the engine bay just before the fuel pump at present but after a leak I would like to re locate it. (Pictures would be great if poss)

Above the gearbox

I was going to fit it here but thought there may be a better place so before I did it just wanted to ask the question. Nice one thanks

toffo24 said:
Here's mine our first attempt at an air cooled motor.

IMG00398-20111008-1334.jpg

Can someone please tell me what fire system is in this... or any others that are Good.
Cheers Matty

shaven said:
toffo24 said:
Here's mine our first attempt at an air cooled motor.

IMG00398-20111008-1334.jpg

Can someone please tell me what fire system is in this... or any others that are Good.
Cheers Matty

That looks like it has Firetec written on it,

We do a very similar system and offer all forum members a 5% discount on all their purchases.

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/AC999E001/fire-extinguisher-daus-low-pressure-1kg-dry-powder-vertic/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope that helps.

is it a law over there were you guys have to use the fire suppression systems on your buses i see a ton of that in your pics from over there and i just wondered don't see that to much over here.

smokehouse said:
is it a law over there were you guys have to use the fire suppression systems on your buses i see a ton of that in your pics from over there and i just wondered don't see that to much over here.

Nope, but since the petrol mix has changed, it affects the fuel pipes leading to failure leading to fires.
So most sensible people now fit these in the hope of it saving the van if the worst happens!

On my last bus I had a metal inline filter clamped on the LHS of the engine bay and ran copper hard lines as much as possible.

Latest posts