• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

clock

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluecab

Reaction score
same size as the rare early bay clock and im sure it could be made to fit a bay with a little tinkering! i have 2 working ones @ £30 each
thay are stamped 6 volt but anyone who knows about clocks will tel you they work ok on 12 volt.
thanks paul
ps postage would be around £4.

sorry forgot to say they are stamped vw & poss out of a fast back.

Damned cheap if you ask me............ will still look good in a bus but suspect type 3 boys are your best option

on the samba in the baywindow forum there is a thread about using the type 3 clock in a bay. pretty easy to use in a bus

tubdub said:
on the samba in the baywindow forum there is a thread about using the type 3 clock in a bay. pretty easy to use in a bus
thanks- any chance of a link?

cant find it but you basically remove the chrome retaining ring/bezel from the clock then trim some of the black plastic webbing from the back side of the dash cluster so the type 3 clock will slip in place. hope this helps

I'll have one of the working ones please.
Can you PM me how to pay?
The link in the samba.com for fitting these to a bus is:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=334057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=type++clock&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ta, Nick

pms sent still got a non working one left if anyone is good with clocks- wish i had seen that link on the sambe before i paid £80 for my clock!

the chrome rim is a little rusty but you wont be using that if fitting to an early bay

Image003.jpg

clock has been ticking away for the past few weeks, can take to vanfest, dont be put of by the surface rust on the chrome ring you wont be using that in your earlybay.

just waiting for payment from a pm, if it doesnt come by say thursday i will let you know, can take to vanfest.

Latest posts