clutch rattle

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenose

Reaction score
Hi all,

Went on a drive in the bus yesterday up and down some steep hills through the peak district. Van pulled great up all the hills no issue but pulling up a last hill into our campsite a loud rattle started, sounded like under the cab floor

Anyway set out home this morning and still rattling away, it gets faster with revs but will go away if I lightly press the clutch pedal or even just rest my foot on to take out the free play.

Clutch started slipping badly, managed to limp home although some of them hills were twitchy bum time.

Anyone have any ideas what the rattle could be and the speedy demise of my clutch before I start pulling engine?

One of the clips holding your release bearing may have failed?

Only way to sort it though whatever is dropping the engine and having a look inside the bellhousing

possibly clip could have gone, I would have thought rattling would happen with pedal down not up though.

I had a listen under the van and the noise is coming from gearbox or bellhousing it just sounds like it's in the cab when your inside.

It pops out of 4th aswell so probably needs a transmission overhaul. Knowing my luck gearbox is probably fuked :lol:

Latest posts