Colour Suggestions - Let the Fight Begin!!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hilly_70 said:
Hi mate ..

I would suggest anyone doing lots of work on their bus that they do it for themselves and how they want it ...

Pick a colour you like ... and will keep liking .. one that makes you smile when you look at your bus!

Don't get me wrong , Im all for keeping original buses original .. But i think buses like mine that have had loads of changes done already .. ( And has at least 3 different colours in places!) .. then a change in the colour to non standard is hardly a crime ..

Just my opinion! ;)

Hilly

Totally agree with that. Do it for you, not for someone else.

However, if you are in two minds about the colour to go for, I'd say stick to VW paint from around the right age, especially if you're keeping to a stock appearance in general - might not be correct for the year of your bus etc but is a kinda "meet in the middle" approach. Guess that pretty much means anything from the Samba link that was posted earlier.

Personally, I'd save the more modern, metallic paints for the more modded vans like Nelly's where it looks "right". Don't think that colour wouldn't look right on Bananacustard's van for example.

On that note, has anyone ever seen an early bay painted in pearl white over velvet green? That's the colour scheme I'd be most tempted with at the moment.

[quick where are me shades 8) quote="SteveGTU"]I sometimes want it back to it's original blue ! But when the suns out I LOVE IT
WWitteringAug09002.jpg
8)[/quote]

elo,mine is in the paint shop as i type and i had the same deliberation,spent weeks if not months trawling through colour chips,looking at other vans,asking peoples oppinions and in the end came full circle to the colour i first thought of ,its your van do what suits you ,personally i think they look great whatever colour they are painted in,thats what makes busses so cool and everlasting,hope all go's well for you and your paint job. :D

SteveGTU said:
So whats the latest on Slug's paint then Glen ? You should really get a thread going in the gallery!!
would do steve except the sprayers are driving me mad :x ,keep putting the date back ,trying to get more money,now they tell me it will be the end of january,am quite pi%##ed off at the mo,but it will all be worth it when i am looking at slug on the drive spangling in the sun :D

My two personal faves are Savannah beige and Neptune blue, from top to bottom!!

slugmobile said:
[quick where are me shades 8) quote="SteveGTU"]I sometimes want it back to it's original blue ! But when the suns out I LOVE IT
WWitteringAug09002.jpg
8)
[/quote]
was that photo taken at west wittering steve?

Latest posts