Connecting Khyam Motordome Sleeper to Van

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldrick

Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone out there know if I need the pole and clamp kit to connect the the Motordome Sleeper to a van? The guy at Kyham said I didn't as there were figure of eight pieces supplied. However...the instructions are not that clear.

Thanks for any help...

Figure 8 as stated but I would buy a pole as well as the figure 8 will come off if it gets windy and its a right pain when your mrs start hitting you to wake up and go sort the banging out at 3am in the morning. :lol:

Or for an even better and more secure fit attach a piece of 'westy style' tubing. Takes a bit of sewing but well worth it. Haven't seen it for sale anywhere else in the UK but I got mine from Rolf in Belgium. He sells by the metre, @15 euros a metre plus postage. His email address is [email protected] but you can also find him via his samba ads

Never have to worry about those annoying figure of eights strips again :lol:
David

David is right, the rubber westy style tubing is the best.

However if you put the figure of 8 clips on to the gutter, then pull the awning tight prior to pegging down I find it works well, the bay gutters are better than split ones. Mine has never come off, the problem I have is with water drippping through the gaps :|

Latest posts