Coolair short block TES

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calibay

Reaction score
I've just ordered a short block from cool air in Kent, I've just been doing some reading on various sites and these engines come from TES which doesn't seem to have a great reputation over the years.

Does anyone have any experience with these engines? Or am I going to have issues

I had 1 and I'm gonna be blunt... It was shit! Leaked oil, was excessively noisy and went bang after a year :evil:

Doesn't sound good, I'm starting to regret ordering it. Did you have the complete engine or was it just a short block?

its not to late to cancel, even if its been sent out send it back and you'll be better off loosing out on the postage than having a engine that could give you a load of grief. Get a vege if its 1600, i think jk still do them.

I have them my scat cam to put in it. Are they really that bad, I've only gone for the short block so ill be putting the pistons and heads on etc.

I can't seem to see a price list on the vege site.

It was awful. I got a 1600 long block with an Engle cam & lifters fitted. Was a total waste of money. I then got another 1600 for £120, fitted new rings, valves with new valve springs and re sealed it myself and I've not had a issue with it other than a naffed carb.

I'd cancel it tbh mate.

well dont shoot me but ive had one for 4 years (1641)and its never missed a beat ,i do three trips a year to cornwall each year from maidstone in kent and go to alote of shows ,jim has never let me down .i wont say that i dont know of engines that have gone wrong coz i would be lieing. but if you have a genuine fault and the engine hasnt been messed around with ect i know he will repair and sort it .

dub boy said:
well dont shoot me but ive had one for 4 years (1641)and its never missed a beat ,i do three trips a year to cornwall each year from maidstone in kent and go to alote of shows ,jim has never let me down .i wont say that i dont know of engines that have gone wrong coz i would be lieing. but if you have a genuine fault and the engine hasnt been messed around with ect i know he will repair and sort it .

That's fair enough, you get good and bad reviews on everything. Thing is I've only heard bad :lol:

I've made my mind up, I've emailed to cancel, I think I'm better off buying a new case and building my own engine, I'm going to be having a nervous breakdown everytime I start it!

calibay said:
I've made my mind up, I've emailed to cancel, I think I'm better off buying a new case and building my own engine, I'm going to be having a nervous breakdown everytime I start it!
i will say that what alote of guys say makes sence ,buy the parts and build it your self ,i never had anywhere to do this when i bought my engine .i do want to buil a big engine for my bus when my budget lets me but you have to make your own choice ,to be fair to other posts on your thread i have herd alot of bad stories but after all the engines are made up of rcon bits.

I have a red 1641 off of TES, had issues with the dizzy drive when I fitted it, he came round and sorted it, years and many miles later the 009 dizzy finally committed suicide :( so fitted the old vac advance and all is sweet and ...touch wood ...rosy .

I thought TES were good for the money, and the dude came out when I phoned up with a problem, I imagine it would get more hasslesome the further away you live from them as I'm only a few miles away, you pays your money and takes your choice, though in retrospect I'd plumb for doing it myself now as I know a bit more about them...not half as complex as a jap four bike engine, I hope you get a reliable lump whatever you decide.

Latest posts