Creative or Slamwerks Narrowed beam????

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjknight71

Reaction score
So what is best option for a KL narrow beam :? ...on the face of it this is the differences i can see......

Slamwerks no steering damper mount :shock:
Outer bearing....Creative needle roller bearings/Slamwerks urethane :?
Neither have servo mount so would have to add :evil:
Basic costs from sites Creative £495/ Slamwerks £395 :(

BUT :mrgreen:

Outer bearing which is best and why? :?
Do you need a steering damper if you do why no mount on Slamwerks? :?

Cost is a factor for poor me :oops: ...but after shipping on Slamwerks and stuff prob not too much in it in the end :msn4:

or balljoint dropped spindles from Transporterhaus? the expense of buying arms and K&L bits imo exceeds most normal budgets.....

in theory weld in some adjusters, add bj dropped spindles -good to go! :lol:

tbh it is better to have needle bearings over urethane imho, to answer one of your original q's

having said that I'm sure Ted/Guy would weld on a steering damper mount for free or little cost? it is worth having a damper helps with the bump steer afaik

They're not urethane, I forget what they're called but the Slamwerks bearings are a lot tougher than urethane and soak up grease so you don't have to regrease them once installed.

Why don't you give Guy a call and find out first hand what they're about?

As for the damper mount, I made one for mine for £3.

I've run a creative beam and it's been a thing of beauty! The slamwerks beam looks very good tho and there is a load of people running them and I have only heard good things :mrgreen:
Personally I like the creative as the engineering is spot on :mrgreen:

Slammed said:
Why don't you give Guy a call and find out first hand what they're about? quote]

I have emailed them asking qu's......

Wanted other opinions....as my guess regards bushes for example would be Slamwerks will say theirs are the best because and a load of very good sounding reasons and Creative would say the same with a whole load of equally good sounding reasons...and because I haven't got as clue :lol: wanted to compare as far as possible like for like

....not wanting and indeed not expecting slagging of either as from reading they are both very good beams and as stated....
easy said:
I've run a creative beam and it's been a thing of beauty! :

:mrgreen:

Well... I've had my Slamwerks beam on for a few months now and I'm really happy with it. They were really helpful when I was fitting it and sourcing all the parts needed and it drives really nice.

Hi

The creative beams are very good but i think in the long run i would go for a slamwerks beam as the staff are very sexy!

Pick up the phone brother.

Having had 2 Creative beams and currently running a CB performance beam I would choose the Creative beam over the CB performance due to quality. Creative seem to have thought about the DIYer. However their delivery times are a little vague at times.

I am not putting down the Slamwerks beam as I have not fitted one and they come highly recommended for their customer service and quality.

I just wish all manufacturers would fit needle bearings, grease nipples, steering damper mounts, servo mounts and spacers for shocks or at least give it as an option. These are the sort of little extras that make it easier for someone fitting at home without some of the tooling a garage may have.

Both beams would do you well, I'm sure Slamwerks would fit any extras you need and the Creative beam is a nice piece of kit. It may come down to cost and delivery.

Slamwerks said:
Hi

The creative beams are very good but i think in the long run i would go for a slamwerks beam as the staff are very sexy!

:lol:

if you want a servo on you k&l beam you will need to fit a creative servo or in line servo.
the streering idler arm will hit your old servo and you will only get full lock one way
DSC01287.jpg

DSC01339.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

p.s. im that late bay with round plastic Brazilian bumpers, yuk :D :D :D

faux said:
Both beams would do you well, I'm sure Slamwerks would fit any extras you need and the Creative beam is a nice piece of kit. It may come down to cost and delivery.

..this was where I had arrived...just wondered if anyone would highligh something I hadn't considered :mrgreen:

Slamwerks said:
Hi

Although physical attractiveness of the staff as a reason for choosing isn't an issue I had considered....any of them look like Uma Thurman :oops:

Slamwerks said:

will do shortly 8) ...dropped you an email

faux said:

..this was where I had arrived...just wondered if anyone would highligh something I hadn't considered :mrgreen:

Slamwerks said:
Hi

Although physical attractiveness of the staff as a reason for choosing isn't an issue I had considered....any of them look like Uma Thurman :oops:

Slamwerks said:

will do shortly 8) ...dropped you an email

Yep, id go Slamwerks.
They ARE sexy :mrgreen:
And they gave me a few free stickers when i went up there

Slamwerks beams come with a free packet of polos. There's nothing like dragging the floor with a fresh minty breath!

Latest posts