crossover front arches

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analord

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need to replace 1 arch (possibly both) on my Crossover but I am told they are special order at £250 each for a complete arch and step, which seems a lot. Am I able to buy a late arch and an early step and match them or is this too simplistic?

Cheers

this must have been a problem for who ever restored my van as they have fitted early front arches , which i think look cooler

I'd advise you get a genuine late arch and adapt the inner step which is straightforward. This part sometimes survives on the bus, dangling down from the cab floor edge which makes it a doddle. The early arches, unless you go for a cut from an import, are cheese-like steel that you can dent with your hand, the late gen ones are like the forth road bridge and will look right on your bus.

lobie said:
this must have been a problem for who ever restored my van as they have fitted early front arches , which i think look cooler

I have them on mine too,
I think the reason my restorer did it said you have to join two bits together to make a complete arch
for an XO or something, im not sure about them, they look ok but then they dont if you know what i mean :?
I may well now get beaten to death with my own sunvisors for saying that though :lol:

as zed says get late genuine and if the vertical of the step is ok then trim step to fit and weld on joint.you will have a small gap around a post cos brazilian ones must have a differant shape a post,fill with weld!!!!

lobie said:

Unless you actually have a 71 model year van? but on a K plate (then that would mean you should have flat fronts and flared rears).
Just a thought

Latest posts