CSP bell crank linkage & acc cables

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean

Reaction score
I've just fitted the csp bell crank linkage on my '69 1600 sp with twin 34 ict's. It seems though that my accelerator cable is approx 30 - 40mm too long. i'm currently clamped onto the single skinny core of the cable and not the large clamp piece on the end.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution. I can only find two different size accelerator cables for LHD buses and both are almost the same length.

The cable always comes up too long with bell crank linkages, I wouldn't worry too much, as long as the cable is securely attached.

If you're worried you can buy a solid piece that fits on the end with a grub screw.

Any chance of a link to this extra part?

What worries me is that the current accelerator cable (maybe original?) is only a single core wire, a little bit thicker welding wire, and not a bound cable as such. I'm concerned that screwing on to this thin cable may be a recipe for failure as it seems too brittle and thin.

Replace the cable then. SSP sell a h/d universal cable that is thick and bound and you cut it to length. They even supply the end piece.

AC7983170.jpg

nearly all the way to the bottom of this page

http://www.vwheritage.com/ssp/Cables/?templateID=ssp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The cable is slightly to long for my CB performance hex bar linkage too. As said if it's secure it should be fine

Latest posts