CSP brake problems

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martin.sim

Reaction score
Hi

Just back from Cornwall & had issues with my new CSP disk brakes, horrible grinding noise as if down to rivets !! They've only done a few hundred miles, local VW garage thought it was a failed master cylinder as the breaks were not fully releasing so had it changed, unfortunately as I neared home on journey back they started making same noise... Any ideas ?

Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

Was the master cylinder upgraded when you had the kit installed?
It needs changing to the later (dual circuit) type so the calipers dont bind?

http://www.machine7.com/section.php?xSec=2546" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Graham did the installation for me so all was ok, now got a new master cylinder on too (late bay one) & problem is back

--------------------------------------

Have you got much clearance between the back of the disc and the casting that drops down from the spindle? Mine were just about touching, csp collected the discs and ground out the rear of the discs to give the clearance.

Put the steering on full lock and check the inside of the disc at the bottom against the spindle.

Brett

Graham (midland early bay) is going to check them out for me, I'll ask him to look for that

Seems faulty brake pads (oversized) were to blame

Latest posts