CSP shifter

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luk0zade

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just bought and fitted a csp shifter to my bus. It has made my gears 100% better than they were with the standard stick, i can now find them without hoping and praying like before.

In my opinion the shifter is worth every penny. :D :D

Luke

every single thing about it!

A much more secure change, lovely movement and a lot less like stirring a bowl of porridge! :lol:

strutt said:
every single thing about it!

A much more secure change, lovely movement and a lot less like stirring a bowl of porridge! :lol:

Agree!! I changed mine to help the misses as well, well thats what i told her :lol: (ive been after one for a while now)

Sounds like I''ll have to put up with 'stirring porridge' .

The thought of my Mrs driving my bus when it's finished scares the crap out of me :shock: :lol:

Sounds like a worthwile investment :D
Wheres the best place to get one and what sort of prices are they and what are the EMPI shifters like compared :?:

You could try and get the CSP shifter from........CSP :lol:
http://www.csp-shop.com/cgi-bin/csh...ter,CSP-shifter&artnr=22045c&pn=0&sort=0&all=

These are 229euros compared to about 139 euros for the EMPI bus shifter. Couldn't tell you what the EMPI is like to use, but I did have the SCAT for my bus, until it fell apart. Total failure of the metal ball at the bottom of the shifter. The CSP shifter is in a totally different league when you look at how it is made and the materials they use.

yeah i got one when i got my new gearbox and it made so much difference. it means you dont have to think about changing gear. just makes it so much easier.
well worth the wonga!

Had an empi shifter on my split and loved it, fitted one on my early bay but have yet to drive it, it goes in first and revers ok though ;)

Hard to get a different gear knob for the empi shifter though, thats why i plan to get a load made up (See my thread in the for sale section)

They are cheap but do the job nicely once set up right, i was lucky and got it in the right place first time.

empi and scat are both rubbish in comparison, the CSP and Berg shifters are in a completely different league.

P.s. VW Heritage stock CSP products in the uk :D

Latest posts