CSP v SCAT shifters

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nags WolVeK

Reaction score
Would really like a shifter for the bus and was really hoping for a CSP but havent really got the £200 needed and the scats are under £100. I have heard only good about the CSP's please could people with a scat let me know what they think or should I just wait another couple of months for the CSP.

Cheers,

slammedresto did you get the Berg from the parts for sale section? as £200 sounds a good price but is still £200 which I'm struggling to find at the momment. :cry:

nags WolVeK said:
slammedresto did you get the Berg from the parts for sale section? as £200 sounds a good price but is still £200 which I'm struggling to find at the momment. :cry:

mine was direct from Berg, £142 delivered to a california address, then put in my bus b4 it shipped

just junked an empi for a scat. really like it. gear selection is much more positive now.find the tee handle really usefull too.got mine from vw speedshop.seemed to be the cheapest i could find.

Come on Bro, this argument should never have happened. The Scat if=s fine...much better than OG one, but the CSP is fantastic, just save your money and buy the best you can.

Berg are awesome but even more expensive, unless you are importing like Gary.

my scat dose a fantastic job falls in to gear no probablem superb bit of kit for driving around. up to u cheap is cheerfull with the scat. drove a bus with a empi shifter felt poo. can't say i have had the pleasure of a berg or csp

Got a CSP shifter in mine and the difference is blatent, from the scat.
Save up and get the CSP, plus one of my buddies has broken his scat shifter after only one year. :shock:

Is it just me that likes the stock gearstick then?

To me having to stir it to find anything resembling a gear is all part of the fun :mrgreen:

Tofufi said:

To me having to stir it to find anything resembling a gear is all part of the fun :mrgreen:

I was happy with my standard stick, never had a problem for 2 years. But one day it just went all wobbly! I think if you look after the selector shaft bushes you should never need to change really? Anyway, fitted a cheap Empi now and it works fine. Apart from it has a slight argument with handbrake every now and then :lol:

Tofufi said:

I'm with you T after trying a CSP and reverting back to the "porridge stirring" with the stock shift

Hi!

Must admit, quite like the stock shift, i get all gears first time, but is like stirring porridge, all part of the fun driving it though!!

Though would like to try a van with another shifter - just to see if i am missing anything!

Alistair

Latest posts